act like you love me

pretending (v.)
to act as if something is true when it is not true

song: act like you love me by shawn mendes

suggested and dedicated to btwbesson
i don't know if this was a good one but i tried ♡

WORD COUNT: 1.0k words

━━☆⌒*.

"You're what?"

You were getting all your clothes from the closet. You didn't even bother telling Shawn what you told me just a while ago. You felt tears coming from your eyes but you still continued taking your things out.

"Y/N?" Shawn called with a crack on his voice. He was so worried about what you were doing. Why were you packing your things? Why are you doing this?

There was still no answer until Shawn pulled Y/N away from taking more of her things and pulled her towards his chest.

"Y/N, tell me what's happening please."

You looked at him and tears start to stream down from your eyes. You didn't want to do this but you have to.

"I'm leaving Canada, Shawn." You said it softly but Shawn could still hear it. He couldn't believe what he heard just now.

"My family wants me to leave and have a better life somewhere else." You said.

He looked at you confusingly. "Don't you love it here, Y/N? With me? Please don't tell me you're breaking up with me too." He said.

You wanted to say that you'll stay. You wanted to say that you will always be there for him. But no, you had to do this.

❝ so you leave tomorrow
just leave the night
i promise i'll make things right
i'll make you breakfast the way you like
before you leave tomorrow
just let me try ❞

"T-that's exactly what I'm doing, Shawn." You finally said it. "I'm so sorry. I can't do LDR with you because it would only hurt us more. I think it's better if we end this."

"We can do this, Y/N. Just, please. I understand that you're going but please, don't break up with me." Shawn cupped your face and looked at you in your teary eyes. His eyes were also tearing up already.

"I-i'm sorry, Shawn." That was all you can say. He sighed and looked down. He didn't know what else to say that could convince you to stay. You just stood there, waiting for him to say something, anything.

❝ before you leave tomorrow
before you say goodbye
before you leave tomorrow
before you leave❞

He looked back at you and asked. "When are you leaving?"

"This Friday." You answered right away. And Shawn thought of an idea.

He stood in front of you and said.

"Stay. Just one more night." He sad and there was a long pause for a while. "For me."

You looked at him once again and gave him a smile on the face.

"I would love to do that, Shawn."

❝ stay here and lay here right in my arms
it's only a moment before you're gone
and i am keeping you warm
just act like you love me
so i can go on ❞

You spent the rest of the day with Shawn and you spent it as a couple. It was already night and you and Shawn were laying down beside each other.

Your head was on his chest and his arm was around you. You could feel his heartbeat fast. You knew deep inside him, he is hurting and is so scared of letting you go.

And you feel the same way.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." You heard Shawn mumble and that made your heartache.

❝ just one more night
laying bed
whether it's right or wrong
just gotta make sense of it ❞

You felt him kiss your head. You know someday, you will meet again and everything will be alright between the two of you.

You looked up to him and reached out for his lips. You pressed your lips to him and he kissed you back. You pulled away and he caressed your cheek.

"I love you."

The tears from your eyes wanted to go down but you held it back. This was your final night with him for now. You smiled at him and just looked at his chocolate eyes.

"I love you too, Shawn."

❝ and you'll be gone in the morning
and you'll be over this
just one more night
so i can forget ❞

You zipped the bag closed and placed in over your shoulder. You pulled your trolley bag and you walked towards the door with it.

It was currently four in the morning and you decided to go before Shawn wakes up. You looked back to him and he was sleeping soundly. Tears streamed down from your eyes.

This will be over soon now.

"I'll see you again, Shawn."

I'll come back, I promise.

You went out with your bags on hand and closed the door behind you.

❝ when you go, i can't watch you leave
just promise me you'll sneak out when i'm asleep
and when you go, and your miles out too far
i wake up wishing everything was just a dream❞

Shawn woke up by the ray of life hitting his eyes. He groaned and rubbed his eyes to see clearly. When he turned to the other side, you were gone.

He saw nothing but a note beside him. He sat up and leaned his body on the pillows and read it.

Shawn, I will always love you.
I am sorry for everything and
you didn't deserve any of this.
We are still at a young age and
I hope you will still find happiness
while we're not together.
I'll see you when I see you.

xoxo, Y/N

He felt tears sting from his eyes and his heart aching. He didn't want to believe that this was over.

❝ just act like you love me
so i can go on
and act like you love me
so i can go on
just act like you love me
so i can go on ❞

Little did you know, he wrote this song just for you and all his other love songs.

━━☆⌒*.