nervous

coffeehouse (n.)
a business that sells coffee and usually other drinks and refreshments

song: nervous by shawn mendes

suggested by and dedicated to -goldenmoon
i hope this is okay !

WORD COUNT: 1.5k words

━━☆⌒*.

Coffeehouse
Sunday, 8:00 am

Your hands were on the keyboard, typing down anything that came from your head. Your cute nerd glasses that keep falling off from your eyes. The smell of coffee scent from the cafe and a table full of papers on your desk that was only exclusive for you. This was your second home and workplace in the world. The coffeehouse.

You grabbed your cup of mocha and took a sip on it before removing your glasses and took a break from the laptop screen. You gave a heavy sigh and took a bit of blueberry cheesecake into your mouth.

You are a new writer and you are currently writing a book. The coffeehouse is where you always stay whenever you work although there are so many people who come here, you still chose to stay.

Meanwhile, Shawn was walking down the streets, heading towards the café. He desperately needs a coffee. He has been working on a song for the past 24 hours and he needed a break. He opened the door to the café and the coffee scent was the first thing he smelled.

"Heaven." He mumbled, like how it says 'heaven' in his white shirt.

He ordered a latte and went to sit right beside the window where he could see the busy people walking in the streets.

As he was taking a sip of his latte something caught his eyes. Not something, but someone.

❝ i saw you on a sunday in a café
and all you did was look my way
and my heart started to race
and my hands started to shake ❞

You were twirling a strand of your hair while looking at the screen of your laptop. You were thinking of what to write next. You took a sip of your mocha until it went empty.

Shawn felt his heartbeat go face just by looking at you. Even when you stood up to get some more mocha, he didn't take his eyes off you. Despite many people in the café, the only person he's looking at is you and only.

You walked up to the counter and your friend, Y/F/N, was there making coffees for the costumers.

"Hey, Y/F/N!" You called her. She looked back at you with a smile. She finished off the coffee that she made and called out the name of the person.

"An iced espresso for Sara!" She handed out the drink as soon as Sara came with a thank you.

"Y/N! Came here for more mocha?" She got your cup and started making your mocha.

"You know me so well." You said and smiled.

"You drink like two or three times when you come here and I already memorized what you always order. So when I see you open that door into the café, I immediately make your mocha and prepared your sweets." She said while making the mocha.