I woke up to the sound of water. Rising water. I didn't know where it was coming from and I really didn't care. All I knew was water was filling the floors, and fast. I quickly jumped out of bed, and wore my slippers.

They were wet, but I didn't really care. That wasn't priority. I needed to alert the Queen. I ran to the Queen's room not caring about the number of stairs I had to climb to get there. I knocked twice before barging in. I as one of the few people allowed to barge into her room. Other than myself, and the King. No one else.

"Your Majesty! Water everywhere! And it's rising quickly!" I tried rushing to Her Majesty's bed. She was quite lucky. Her room, the King's, her sister's and her children's were all on the top floor, so they didn't have water in their floor yet. Mine however was on the bottom floor as well as that of my soldiers', male and female. I had the opportunity to get a room on the top floor, but I declined. My soldiers were on the bottom floor, why couldn't I stay with them?

My sister was a soldier as well and she normally woke up very early, so she should've noticed the water by now.

"Where is the water?"

"It should still be on the bottom floor, Your Majesty!"

"How did this even happen?!" The Queen was getting her armour and comfortable clothes to wear under and heading for the bathroom.

"I don't know, Your Majesty. I alerted you immediately I realised it."

"Your soldiers?"

"I haven't checked on them but they should be up now. We get up early for training. It must be coming from the water room, Your Majesty."

"Alright we'll check there. Alert everyone else. I'll go wake up my love."

"I'll get to it now, Your Majesty." I nodded stiffly and marched out of the room.

I went first to each of the soldier's rooms to ensure they were alright. After making sure they were alright, I ordered them to report at the water room, prepared for battle, and with the water technician to fix whatever was wrong with the tanks.

***

By the time we had all converged at the water room, with our weapons, I examined everyone. Archers brought their bows and arrows in their bag slung over their shoulder, some brought spears and javelins, some, swords.

I brought two swords because I'm ambidextrous. It was a precaution I took in case I suffered casualties in war.

The technician had arrived too. He and the King checked the guage and the tanks for any sign that someone had tampered with it. I had asked for the technician too because I didn't see how it was possible for the whole place to be filled with water unless someone tampered with the equipment and I sure as hell wasn't going to let that person get away easy.

As I walked along the huge rectangular tanks lined juxtaposedly, I noticed a flame haired woman walking towards another aisle. I noticed the Queen and King coming into the water room.

The flame haired woman wore full body armour without a helmet. The armor was covered by a blood red flowing cape that danced with her every movement. It was very long and reminded me of that of a Mylidred (pronounced Mee-lee-dred) born's.

It was then it clicked. She must be a Mylidred. But it couldn't be. I was told there was only one Mylidred for each lifetime. It was the council that first chose who would be the Mylidred, before it was later passed down by birth from there. The only time there would be more than one for each generation was if there was exception. And the council decided to bless another person with the gift to help the Mylidred born.

I only ever knew one Mylidred. That Mylidred was a he, and he was my best friend. Emphasis on 'was'. I didn't even know if he was still alive. I ignored the pang in my chest at the thought him being dead. I had things to worry about right now.

I realised just in time that she was heading straight for the Queen. I ran straight towards my Queen drawing my swords.

"Your Majesty, there is an intruder here."

"Well?" She was waiting for the bad news.

"She was heading straight for you, My Queen."

The Queen frowned then looked around. I was surprised I hadn't slipped and fallen looking at the quantity of water I ran in, but when I looked back, I realised that was the least of my worries.
"She was right here, Your Majesty!" I stared at the spot I'd last seen her in confusion.

"I believe you commander. But if what you say is true, we'd better keep our guard up so she doesn't catch us off guard."

"Alright, Your Majesty." I called as we walked towards the aisle I'd been in when I saw the foreigner. I had sworn to protect the royals when I was assigned my post, so I was very sure the King was in good hands. He was with my best soldiers. It wasn't that he couldn't fight. He could hold his own, honestly. He was just more of a battle strategy, technical problems kind of man. Which explained why he was with the technician. But I didn't worry to much about it. My men were with him.

The Queen on the other hand was stuck with me. "Alea, Alea, Alea. Did you miss me?" The red haired woman asked her voice echoing, as her walked straight towards us. She looked exactly like the Queen, except she had red hair where the Queen had brown and blue eyes where the Queen had brown. She was practically the Queen's twin sister in everything else. And yes, the Queen was Her Majesty, Queen Alea.

"Tania! I should have known it was you! Did you succeed in your quest?" The Queen asked, glaring at the red haired woman whose name was apparently 'Tania'.

Ok, I was so lost. I would have really loved for someone to explain what exactly was going on. "My darling Alea, dearest sister, you've still got mother's spunk. But really, did you miss me?" Tania asked.

Sister? Mother? Ok, what exactly was going on here? She glared at the Queen, but Queen Alea said nothing. "You know I'm so disappointed in you. You're my twin! You were meant to have my back at ever turn but you abandoned me and called me mad instead. How dare you?!"

At that point I wasn't paying attention anymore. All I could think was, "The Queen has a twin sister?"

I could hardly make heads or tails of the situation. Maybe this was all a dream. If it was I definitely needed to wake up as soon as possible. I didn't like where this was going.