12

"You're so dense." He groaned. His voice was breathy. I didn't know whether to be offended or to ignore it.

"You're so dense." He repeated. "I was referring to you, dummy."

"This right here." He motioned between us. "This feeling. This heat. This satisfaction. It only happens when you're with me. No one else."

"What?" My mind was in a haze. I could barely grasp what he was saying but I heard. Loud and clear. "But you said-"

He cut me off. "That's why I was ecstatic when I heard that you loved me. I wanted you to love me again. But I didn't want to use this situation to influence your decision. I wanted you to love me for me."

"But you were, you said-" I tried to talk, he cut me off again.

"That's why I made the no touching rule. It's ok. I can touch you now. I already have what I need." He declared.

Through the haze, I tried to glare at him and he laughed. "And what may I ask was it that you needed?" I asked trying to infuse as much annoyance in my tone as I could manage.

"I wanted you to love me back and I see you do." He replied bluntly.

"No I don't." I murmured even as I nuzzled his hand on my face leaning closer to him.

He laughed. "Of course you don't. It's ok. I love you too." He admitted.

I smiled, then it melted off my face when I remembered. "Tania!"

"Hmmm, you remembered... I wondered how long it'll take you to remember considering you were jealous of her not moments ago." He smirked.

"I hate you." I replied and rested my head on his chest keeping his hand on my face as he stroked it back and forth with his thumb.

"Suuuuure you do." His voice spoke arrogance but his body showed care as his other hand came around my waist, rubbing back and forth over my shirt. I could still feel the heat of his fingers through my shirt.

"Tania. Talk." I commanded.

"Fine." He grumbled. His hand crept beneath my shirt still sitting on my waist and he traced circles on my skin. Hot. That's all I could think. Hot. I let out a sigh in bliss.

"I met Tania in one of the villages she was terrorizing. I said nothing to her. I had seen her and I was going to leave. She had already been granted a Mylidred by the elders, but it was out of her control. She didn't know how to utilise it properly. She still doesn't." He sighed.

"She saw my cape and asked whether I was a born Mylidred too and I lied. I lied because I knew what she wanted. She would have wanted me to teach her to tame her Mylidred but I couldn't. I knew something was wrong with the picture. She took me anyway.

'Two Mylidreds are better than one' she said. I never disagreed or agreed. I was practically her servant/slave/bodyguard. I killed when she wanted, got whatever she wanted. I did as she asked. But that was only because I knew she was coming here. I wanted to get back to you and I needed to catch your attention. You would have brushed me off if I came alone.

Your anger is better than you ignoring me the rest of our lives. I couldn't let you. So I came with her. Nora, you have to know," He  told me raising my head so I could look him in the eyes. "My allegiance lies with you and you alone. The Queen, Alea, her mother was my mother's friend. We knew each other. I've known her longer than you.  I owe her my life for everything she did for you and your sister, but she knows my allegiance lies with you.

I know you know she has the gift of foresight. She told me it was you. But even before, I always knew it was you. It couldn't have been anyone else. I couldn't bring myself to love another the way I did you. And it didn't help that my Mylidred never wanted us to leave here. Every step I took away from here was like hell.

Alea foresaw all of this. She foresaw my return and everything before. She foresaw what I would go through those years. It had to happen. But she couldn't see the war. She couldn't see the outcome. I had to leave nonetheless. She never told me all of this, but I know. I knew. I knew because she took you in. Don't get me wrong, she loves you and it isn't just because of me either. She loves you for you. Your friendship is phenomenal. She might as well replace me."  He said.

I chuckled. "No one can replace you."

"She doesn't know I know she knew about all of this and Tania doesn't know what is going on. Let's leave them in the dark. It's for their own good." He told me, giving me a kiss on my head.

"How did you know what she did and did not foresee?" I asked curiously.

"I have many gifts, love. Let's just say it's a bonus." He said smiling.

I hugged him tighter. "I missed you so much." I confessed.

"I know, love." He said hugging me just as tightly. He could control his own strength.

"What're we gonna do?" I asked him.

"Nothing. We simply do as we always do." He shrugged.

"There is a chance both parties know we meet. They want us to for their own personal agendas, but we won't exchange strategies or sabotage each other. We can't." He whispered, burying his face in my hair.

"We can't." I agreed wholeheartedly. I couldn't bring myself to cause harm to him whatsoever, even if he hurt me by leaving me in the past, and especially if the somebody hurting him would be Tania.

"Even then you can't tell anybody we meet although I'm sure Alea knows. Don't tell her. If she brings it up pretend like you don't know about it. She would never hurt you, but then anyone could be listening. I don't want anything to happen to you or your sister.

Speaking of which... when can I meet your sister. She was so little when I saw her last." He told me.

"She not so little anymore. She's sixteen now. 5 years younger than us remember?"

"Yeah I do." He grinned.

"I hardly see her anymore." I confessed and we chatted till late in the night and I had to go back to the castle.