When there was finally nothing for me to arrange and his armour looked impeccable, I sighed and stepped back.

He looked good, which meant we could go now. He brushed my hair out of my face. Staring into my eyes. He knew what I was thinking. He did that to reassure me. I smiled softly, closing my eyes lazily, then opening it again. He smiled back, then stepped off to my left.

We walked side by side back to the water room in silence, then stood outside the room as though we'd been there since. Him on the left, me on the right. We stood to attention on either side of the entrance.

Hands folded behind our backs. Feet shoulder width apart. Eyes front. This is was my default. I was familiar with this. We couldn't hear anything that happened inside. Probably because the Queen and her sister spoke in low tones.

We stood there for what seemed like hours, when I turned to Kerran. I was about to ask whether we came back too early, but I stopped when I saw his face. He brows were furrowed and his gaze was tilted downward to the right. His ear twitched ad though he'd heard something unusual. I couldn't hear anything so I didn't understand why he was tensing.

Then my gaze wandered to his earring. The Mylidred earrings. And I realised why. He could hear what had been happening. What was being said and I couldn't.

I frowned. 'Shouldn't he at least be telling me what's happening?' I thought to myself.

'This again? Stop feeling so damn entitled. He doesn't need to tell you anything. He came here with her. He didn't come for you. Don't forget that.' The voice in my head replied.

'He said he'd do whatever it takes to get me to love him again. If he thinks it's important, he'll tell me.' I replied in my head.

'Yes, "get you to love him again." He never said anything about him still loving you. I really don't understand how you could still be so naivë.' The voice sounded smug saying this.

I scoffed mentally. 'I'm anything but naivë. He can do as he wishes. He just doesn't know I still love him.' I pointed out.

The voice said nothing.

He looked up to me and his eyes met mine. He walked up to my side and lowered his voice, till it was only a soft whisper as he spoke into my right ear. I barely even heard him.

'I can't tell you anything they're saying inside.'

He stepped back, making gestures with his hand. He pointed at the door, then his ear giving me a meaningful look. I understood. Tania could hear us.

I sighed, then went back to attention. Not long after, I heard my name as well as Kerran's, and we both rushed in.

'Yes, your Majesty.' I replied, bowing low.

Kerran stood beside me, at attention. 'Tania, you called.' He said.

'Yes! We're leaving right now.' She huffed.

He nodded curtly, then turned to me with a wink. He didn't wait for my reaction. He just turned around to wait for Tania and headed out with her.

I really didn't know what to do. I stood there shocked not only at the audacity he had to wink at me but the fact that he did it in front of the Queen.

'Oh, when I get my hands on that miserable piece of-' My thoughts got cut off by the Queen's next words.

"Wasn't that Kerran, your best friend?" She asked. I didn't even bother asking how she knew him and that he was my best friend. She must have known his family, but knowing I was his best friend... I couldn't be sure.

"Little Kerran. He's not so little anymore not. Quite a grown man. I can see it in his eyes. Do you know what else I see in his eyes?" She asked me.

I stiffened, thinking her next words would be: Malice or evil intent or something else similar. I don't even know what I would have done if that was what she said and I'm glad it wasn't. However what she said next seemed much, much worse than any of those.

"Love. For you." She replied when she saw I wasn't making any effort to do so. In my fear of what she was going to say I had gulped quite visibly, only for me to choke at her words.

"Now, now. Don't be dramatic. We're both civil here. I know you love him too-" another coughing fit erupted from my chest again. "But you know. I'm not going to make fun of you. I can see it. Anyone with half an eye and half a brain can see it, and feel the tension between you two."

"You could slice the tension in here with a butter knife when you were both here. And that wasn't the tension between Tania and I." I shifted my eyes away from her looking everywhere but at her as I shuffled foot to foot.

"It's ok, you know. I don't mind. I think it's sweet but at the worst possible timing. I wouldn't even blame you if you eloped with him." She confessed. I cleared my throat uncomfortably.

"I can't imagine my love, Reihan and I in your position. We simply would have gone. Left everything behind. Wouldn't even look back." She exclaimed. She had that far off look in her eyes like she was there running away with the King, not her in the water room with me. "We would have gone before the first cock crow."

My eyes darted around nervously, quickly, looking for an escape. The only one I could escape through was conveniently behind me and she was still in her own world. I was so embarassed.

'Now, if I could just take a few steps back without her noticing. I'll be out of here with a new guard posted outside the door before she can say 'Nora'.

I took one step back. Just one and her eyes snapped to mine. "Don't you dare. You can't run away from his conversation. We're talking about your future here! Your best friend who is also the love of your life is back. He loves you, you love him. I don't quite see the problem." She stated pinning me to the spot with a raised left brow over her glare.

I was definitely not escaping any time soon.