chapter 4

Jimin was a police officer in Seoul branch he recently transfers here from busan. He was changed a lot.. His chubby cheeks were gone and there was a sharp jawline, his body became lot muscular and bulkier. He really suited as a police officer.

   He helped me a lot in my struggling days. He kept encouraging me and kept me in check every time. Back then, he said that he went to my parents' house to cause we had lost our connection but he asked my parents where was I? They said to him that I live in abroad.

The day he saw me at café he was really surprised to see me there. But when I told him the whole reality, he said he will support me and help me achieve my dream.

   After days of trying I got big opportunity for a big brand of clothing and this was from where my modelling career started to blossom. Giving me opportunities for various famous brands.

In mean time me and jimin kept contact. Sometime we used to hang out together. As I was now successful he suggests me to return to my parents.

  I was at the door of my parents' house, but that door never opened. Just the voice was heard from inside

"You are not my daughter anymore. Don't you ever set your foot outside of my house. You are dead to me!"

    Even though he said those words to me, disowned me, I kept going there hoping that one day he'll forgive. Jimin was the great support for me all those days. When I was sad he was there for me, to ease my sorrows and pain. he was my hope but you that didn't last much.

   I was outside of a country for a shoot for a magazine. In that meantime jimin and mine communication reduced. As the time passed the messages went from daily to once in week, the replies went from seconds to one reply at a week or just seen.

My shoot was over and I was at my place trying to contact jimin but his phone was unreachable. I messaged him

Me: hey! How r u?

And after a day he replied

Diminie: fine, just busy. I'll text you once I'm free.

I gave it a rest as he was a police officer and understood that he'll be busy with some case.

In this industry I had many friends but they were just temporary. I knew that jimin was my real friend and he'll be with me in any situation just like the past.

Well... I didn't know my thoughts were wrong.

   Even after a month jimin didn't texted me back. It was like he also had cut all ties with me just like my parents...

I just couldn't get what wrong has I done?

Me: jimin? Hey are you still busy?

Me: did you change your number?

Why your phone is unreachable?

me: jimin! Are you okay?

Have I done something wrong??

me: why aren't you replying me?!

PARK JIMIN I swear I'll broke into your house if you don't reply me!!

me: jimin-ah.....!

Me: you moved you house??!

Why didn't you told me!!

Me: why are you doing this jimin... please reply to me....

Please. I don't know what I've done wrong but I'm sorry... I'm sorry jimin.

Me: jimin...

Are you leaving me too?

Today I've again gone to my fathers' house. He let me in but..

He didn't just let me in to forgive me but to get a clear image that I'm no one to that family

He... he burned my every remaining thing.

Everything that belonged to me my photos, dresses, everything jimin...

In front of my eyes...

Mom, my sister didn't said a word... that door is officially close for me now ...

Me: jimin? Am I really that bad that everyone is leaving me?

I made a friend month ago but today she just ignored me. When I received award, she didn't even said a word but left glaring at me.

Me: How many months should I wait for you to reply?

Will you like... never reply me?

You also don't want me, I guess. Then what's the point in living now?

Me: why should I live?

I have become what I wanted.. had Friend like you.. caring... loving...

Life Accomplished I guess...!

Me: this is my last message to you jimin.

PARK JIMIN...

My best friend, my ray of sunshine.. Thanks for staying with me

I'll be at our favourite hiking spot, top of the cliff till evening

And if you're lucky I'll be alive!

Do come if you got any time for me. It's okay if you didn't make it but I'll definitely not make it after evening.

Just know... that you'll remain the best person in my life and after that too.

I'll never forget you...

Not sure if I was but yours best friend

Ahn so hyun.