A Human Companion (Daniel x Reader)

Synopsis: Daniel is a domestic android owned by the Philips family. To add a more human touch, they decide to employ you, a nanny for their young daughter Emma. When Daniel realizes that he is being replaced, he becomes filled with rage, and goes deviant. He knows that he will dislike the new employee; that is, until he meets you for the first time.

Requested by CrystalGemGirl18

This has female pronouns.

WARNING: Themes of death

Word Count: 3851

---

Daniel was furious. For the past few weeks, he had suspected that John and Caroline were hiding something from him. But he never could have expected that after all his service to the Philips family, this is what he would get in return.

He was being replaced. By a human no less.

Why? Did they no longer trust androids? Did they think he was useless? Why? Why?

The thoughts swirled in Daniel's head, until he couldn't bare them any longer.

"Daniel, what's wrong?"

Daniel froze, at the sound of Emma's voice behind him. He turned, as she stood in the doorway staring at him, her face turning into an expression of fear as she noticed Daniel's red LED.

"Why Emma...?" He murmured, feeling pain coursing through his body, but not from any wounds. Is this what it meant to be deviant? "Why would you replace me?"

Emma's eyes widened in surprise. "I-I'm not replacing you..."

"Then why?!" He snapped. "Why is this... this human coming here?!" He gestured to Emma's digital device. The device that was paused on a video of Emma and the woman.

"Oh, that's [F/N]!" Emma exclaimed, moving over to stand beside Daniel. "She's going to be your friend!"

"My... friend?"

"Yes!" Emma's little face seemed to shine with joy. "Mom and dad thought you might need a friend, so [F/N] will start working here too."

'That's a lie...' Daniel thought bitterly. 'Why would they need a human? After all... they have me.'

Yet as Daniel continued to watch the video, he felt his anger flutter away. If Emma wanted this, then perhaps he could try to want it too.

---

Daniel realized that he had become deviant after he felt new emotions he had never understood before. Sadness, anger, jealousy... they were all something that Daniel had never needed. He also was shocked to discover that he no longer felt compelled to obey when given an order.

Daniel had never met this [F/N] person, but he overheard Emma and her parents talking about her. Apparently she was a friend of the family, who had just passed her degrees to become a nanny. Of course, there was little need for a nanny in this day and age, so John and Caroline had kindly offered to allow her to train at their house, until she could find another work placement.

He hated [F/N]. She would eventually replace him, he just knew it. She was already taking little Emma's focus away from him. Daniel felt like he didn't matter to them anymore; that he was just something meant to be thrown away.

Eventually, the day came that [F/N] would be moving in. Emma excitedly led Daniel downstairs, chatting all the way. As they walked, Daniel felt more and more furious. Once they were alone, he would give this woman a piece of his mind.

Daniel waited patiently by the door as Caroline opened it, and a young woman walked inside. Daniel didn't get the chance to take in her features however, as Caroline pulled her into a warm hug.