Vampire AU (Vampire!Connor x Reader)

Plot: Set in an AU where there are no androids, but vampires instead. Society signed a treaty that vampires were to live in equality with humans, but of course, there is still distance between the two creatures. One day, a vampire begins work at the Detroit City Police Department, and you discover a vampire that is a little different from the rest.

Word Count: 3920

---

You straightened your collar, gently wrapping the guard around your neck, just tight enough so that it would suppress your human scent.

Of course, it had already been two years since the treaty between vampires and humans was signed... but you could still never be too careful.

As you prepared for another day of work at the Detroit City Police Department, you went over your schedule in your mind. First, you would check in with Lieutenant Hank Anderson, then perhaps you would look over the new crime scenes. If you were lucky, for the first time today, you wouldn't have to deal with a single vampire case.

You checked your briefcase. It was an incredible device. Just push a button, and the case would spin into an elaborate weapon, one that could put any vampire, or human at high risk.

But of course, you rarely got the chance to use it, much to your dismay.

Like most humans, you did not like vampires. It was the natural response; after all, they were humans natural enemy. Five humans at once could barely stand to the strength of a vampire. And yet, here they were, walking amongst you in day to day life.

As you walked into your office, you immediately noticed that something was off. The other officers seemed a little more on edge, and you could sense a faint distrust. You felt your hands tighten on your briefcase as you scanned the office for a sign of danger.

"Morning [F/N]."

You flinched, wheeling around to see Lieutenant Anderson, who stepped back defensively.

"Woah, woah, easy. Geez, you're on edge..."

You let yourself relax, leaning back onto your desk, which was opposite Hank's.

"Sorry... it's just..." You hesitated, unsure of what it was. "I-I don't know..."

"You're not wrong for feeling on edge," Hank sighed, slumping into his chair and leaning over to look at you. "You're intuition is always right."

"What do you mean?"

"We just had a vamp join us this morning."

You felt your stomach churn at the thought, and moved over to speak to Hank in a hushed voice.

"Are you serious? A vampire, here?!"

"Yep. That was my thoughts exactly. He's speaking to Fowler now, but he'll be out here soon, I'm sure."

At that last note, you heard Captain Fowler's office door swing open. You glanced up, and you noticed the other officers did the same as a tall man with light brown hair gracefully walked across the office. He carried himself with perfect posture, and his steps were so silent, you were sure he could simply go invisible if he wanted to. His officer uniform, similar to your own, fitted across his muscles perfectly. The red and black colours, stating that he was a vampire, made his hair and brown eyes stand out even more. You hated vampires, but what you hated most of all was how beautiful they were.

To your surprise, the vampire walked over to you and Hank, and stopped.

"Hello. My name is Connor. It's an honour to be working with you both."