Written In the Stars (Deviant!Connor x Reader)

Synopsis: Set one year after androids became free, Connor, now deviant, is happily living his life enjoying his work and his friendship with Hank. He never expected to fall in love. But when Hank introduces Connor to his young daughter, Connor is shocked to discover a new feeling in him. An 'error' that he hadn't felt in his lifetime. Connor struggles to try and hide it from Hank, as well as you, deciding that this must be avoided at all costs.

Requested - Deviant!Connor x Reader (Hank's Daughter)

This story uses female pronouns.

Word Count: 5137

---

The sound of the party popper snapped Connor out of his daze.

"Happy birthday Connor!!" The people in front of him shouted. Connor blinked, refocusing on the scene in front of him. There was Hank, holding a gaudy banner that read in messy letters 'Happy 1st Birthday Connor'. Then Connor's eyes trailed to the rest of the faces, Kara and Luther, with a slightly more mature looking Alice. Then there was North, holding a cake made of thirium, which still looked rather unappealing to Connor. Markus stood nearby, with Simon and Josh, all of them clapping and applauding. Connor felt his lips twitch into a slight smile, which surprised him even now.

"You didn't have to do all this..."

Hank walked over and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh come on, don' be such a party pooper..." Connor could tell from the slur in his words that Hank was already drunk. "It's yer birthday after all..."

"Come on, sit down!" Kara called, gesturing to an empty chair. They were in Hank's living room, which was usually quite empty. Seeing so many people in the room surprised Connor. He awkwardly moved to the chair and sat down.

Even though he was deviant now, such celebrations were still something he was not used to. He didn't see the point in doing such things. After all, he was still just an android, made for a purpose. He wasn't supposed to be sitting around and eating thirium cake and celebrating something as minuscule as his birthday. But he still smiled, and forced himself to chat with the guests. After all, they gathered just for him. Even Kara and her new family traveled all the way from Canada to get there. He couldn't just ignore all they had done for him.

North said something to Hank, making him laugh.

"What is it?" Connor asked.

"There's someone I'd like you to meet. A very important guest," Hank replied.

An important guest? Connor wondered who it could be. The only person that came to his mind with the word 'important' was his creator, Elijah Kamski, and he absolutely did not want to see him. As he pondered over the possible people Hank could be referring to, his eyes caught on a slight movement in the hallway. The guests went silent as they all faced the new arrival.

And Connor, for the first time in his life, was at a loss for words.

The most beautiful girl Connor had ever seen was standing right in front of him. As he gazed at her, the rest of the world seemed to melt away.

"Sorry I'm late..." The girl mumbled sheepishly, hugging Hank.

"I didn't think you were coming," Hank slurred, a wide grin on his face.

"I had to come for this," The girl laughed. Then she turned to Connor, who was still standing there like an idiot. What was he doing?! Errors flashed over his eyes, accelerated heart rate, increased stress levels. He was having a meltdown. He quickly tried to calm the warnings as the girl beamed at him.