|14| "Project"

So where are you? It's been a little while

Searen walked glumly down the road. He had no one to walk home with after school today since Seira had gotten herself a detention tonight. Maybe he should've got one so he wouldn't be lonely, like always. The boy shook his head, if he did that his older brother wouldn't be proud of him. In fact, it might make their argument worse.

Sippin' on straight chlorine, let the vibes slide over me

The dyed white haired boy with pink tints dug around in his bags for the keys. They didn't seem to be in anywhere. Searen cursed under his breath, of course he had the worst luck in the world. Now he would have to knock on the door and get Saeyoung to answer, to which his brother would complain of how he left and could've gotten hurt with the mood he was in.

This beat is a chemical, beat is a chemical

Swallowing his pride, Searen knocked on the door loudly. Heck, that probably wasn't even enough for his brother to hear him. The boy tugged out his earphones and tried again after a few minutes had passed. This time it seemed to have worked as Searen could hear footsteps making their way to the door.

The handle went done and right in front of him was Saeyoung, his glasses knocked slightly and red hair a mess as if he had just been sleeping. "Searen? You have no idea how worried I was the whole day!" His older brother gasped before letting him in the house," I just finished my last assignment so we can talk about what happened today." The younger only grumbled out an okay before dragging himself to his room.

Searen knew his brother only looked out for him and cared for his wellbeing but he couldn't help but feel as if he invaded his life far too much. Saeyoung was a hacker, the best by a long shot, and that involved not a lot of free time. The teenager felt as if his brother never spent time with him and when he wasn't working he was around him too much. It was confusing so Searen just blamed it on hormones to make things seem a little easier.

"Hey, I'm sorry for this morning Searen. I know you want me to not be in your life a lot but after everything that happened in Mint Eye I just can't let anything happen to you," His brother huffed out as he walked into Searen's room," Can we just forget this ever happened and go back to evading our Dad and focusing on work and school?"

"...Fine but can you try not to get too involved with my life. I know you didn't mean to leave me all those years ago and Rika was the one who lied to you but can we just not get invested in each other's lives too much," The younger agreed before bringing out his phone and checking the time. Seira would've almost been out of detention by now.

Saeyoung nodded before closing the door and wondering off somewhere in the house. The white haired boy with a pink dip dye let out a sigh before flopping back onto his bed, thinking about their weird yet kind teacher. He cared for his class - that much was obvious - but the whole story about killing an octopus seemed a little far fetched. In all honestly, Searen didn't believe it and he knew no one else did either. They all thought Yori lied about the whole murder case and it was all a big misunderstanding. It probably was too.

———

"Today we will be learning about a Shakespeare play called A Midsummer Night's Dream," Nagisa started off the lesson after doing the register," There will be a project where groups of four will have to act out a scene from the play, it can be any of their choosing. I will be organising the groups though." A collective groan was heard from all the students in the room. They had hoped their teacher would just let them be happy for once and chose their own groups, the people they were friends with.

The blue haired man ignored the annoying noise before picking up a piece of paper he had written the groups down on," The first group will be: Arashi, Keiko, Jurou and Kota. Second will be: Rin, Ruka, Kei and Daiki. The third group will be: Yori, Kiya, Searen and Seira. The last group will have Sora, Saya, Kamin and Yuki. You will have the rest of this lesson and two weeks on Monday until you have to perform for the class. These marks will also go towards your final grades at the end of the year."

Ruka bit her bottom lip, lost in thought, after she had heard who she was going to be working with. The only person she had actually spoken to before was Rin and that was because the poor girl was confused with her sexuality. She secretly hoped the short haired girl wasn't straight, after all Ruka did think she was cute. Now Ruka could tell there was a huge secret Daiki was keeping, he looked almost too perfect in her eyes. What she had noticed was he seemed uncomfortable when people called him a boy or referred to him with male pronouns. Perhaps Daiki was transgender or maybe fell somewhere else on the spectrum? Kei was the last person in their group. He had most of the student body falling for him left and right but had never dated as far as anyone knew, hosting the biggest parties of the school year and could play basically any instrument. Ruka hadn't spoken to him a lot, only talking when she was telling him to pass her a piece of paper or a work sheet.

The brown haired girl shook her head and tried to focus on what was happening right then. As soon as she realised everyone was moving to go to their group, she quickly got to her feet and wondered over to Rin. Giggling at the surprised look and the short haired girl's face, Ruka pulled up a chair and sat down before the rest of the group came over. "Hey Rin, how are ya?"

———
.....hey? I know I haven't updated in ages and I don't have an excuse except I did have to revise for exams and stuff like that. Hopefully I should be able to update more but I've said that before and we all saw how well that turned out.