|25| "After 4 years"

Nagisa's hand knocked against the door to his childhood home. The place where he grew up in a cold unwelcoming environment. Karma gripped onto his hand, squeezing it tightly to give some sort of support.

The door opened. It was Nagisa's father. The man's eyes seemed to widen at seeing who his son was holding hands with. Everyone had heard of the Akabane family. They were known for travelling around the world on business trips while their son stayed to study. He hadn't been heard of for quite the number of years now, almost as if he had gone mia.

"Nagisa? You actually came?" His tired voice asked before standing to the side and pulling the door further back," I never expected your boyfriend to be Karma Akabane." The younger blue haired one smiled shyly before walking into his childhood home, Karma following.

As soon as they stepped inside, Nagisa's father closed the door and beckoned them to follow him to the dining room. The atmosphere was tense, so much that you could probably cut a fine line through it with a blunt blade if you wanted.

The dining room was the same as Nagisa remembered. The table was made out of a dark wood and it had plates in four plates set out - two on either side. Hiromi hadn't arrived yet which put the young couple at ease for the moment. "You can sit down, food will be out of the oven in a few minutes," Nagisa's father smiled warmly at the two, still trying to process who his son was actually dating.

Karma and his boyfriend made themselves comfortable at one side of the table. "Do you think Rin will be okay?" The blue haired man muttered out as he stared at the opposite wall with a far off look.

"She'll be fine," Karma whispered back as he placed a quick kiss on the smaller's forehead - earning a small blush as a reward," Plus, Rin is responsible. She won't go wrecking the place." Nagisa nodded in agreement before his father came back into the room carrying food.

It was miso chicken. The man soon sat down on the other side of the table and they all dug into their meals. "So Nagisa, Akabane. How long have you two been...dating?" His father started off the conversation, a little awkwardly.

"It's been four years now," Nagisa explained," We live in an apartment near both our jobs." Karma nodded along.

"Yeah," He agreed," Nagisa is a teacher in training while I work as a lawyer. Please call me by my first name."

"Oh, that sounds good," Nagisa's father said," Karma, how do you feel about the whole law against same-sex marriage? That isn't a problem?" In all honesty, the man cared deeply for his son. He wanted him to be happy and even if that meant never seeing him get married he was okay with that. He accepted it years ago a little after Nagisa came out. All he wanted to know now was that Karma was okay with that, that the redhead was someone who wouldn't abandon his only child.

Karma sighed slightly after he took a sip of his drink," I think the law is unfair about that. Nagisa is the love of my life and I want to get married to him, however I'm okay with dating him if it doesn't change."

Before anything else could be said, the front door slammed open. "I'm home!" A loud voice echoed down the hallway before the door shut once more. A woman turned around the corner and her eyes widened at seeing her son. Hiromi stumbled forwads and giggled slightly.

"Nagisa! My darling girl!" The blue haired woman let out a hiccup," Is this your boyfriend?" Hiromi grabbed onto Nagisa's hair and frowned," Why did you cut your hair? You know how I felt about having short hair and I hated it, I want what's best for you. Why do you always take that away?"

Her husband jumped to his feet and walked cautiously over to Hiromi," You're drunk, Hiromi. You should go lay down." She only waved him off with a flick of her wrist. His shoulders slumped but his body made no more movement to try help his son and boyfriend.

"Aren't you that Akabane kid?" The blue haired woman gasped as she looked over at Karma," I knew my Nagisa would end up with someone good! She is just like me after all!"

The redhead was about to say something before Nagisa gripped onto his hand - warning him not to anger his mother as things would only turn to the worse. "Mum, I'm a boy," The blue haired teacher spoke out, feeling as if this was his whole coming out experience all over again.

"Don't talk back to me like that!" Hiromi sneered at she grabbed her son's arm tightly, pulling him out of his seat and eye level with her," Remember what happened all those years ago? It can happen all over again." Nagisa gulped but nodded obediently anyway despite his want to stand up for himself.

Karma's mouth fell open at seeing what was happening first hand. He knew all the stories of what she did to Nagisa but actually witnessing it felt a lot more real and scary. It was his boyfriend, the love of his life, that was feeling frightened and he wanted nothing more that to comfort him badly.

"Why don't you sit back down and we can all enjoy this lovely fucking meal?" Hiromi smiled sweetly, as if none of that just took place. She let go of Nagisa and he fell back into his seat next to the redhead. The blue haired woman walked around the table to hers before searing herself.

"Let's start eating!" She said before picking up a fork and knife and beginning to eat.

———

Look at these updates, coming out like wildfire! Damn, I'm impressed with myself. I'm writing to make time go faster.

I'm tired and it's only half  past midnight. Since when have I become so weak? I'm a pussy. And the only reason I'm staying up is because I decided to play Mystic Messenger again.

God 707 help my soul.

I'm trying to get Jumin's route cause I've never done it before but Seven is so frickin tempting and I'm dying inside. I WANT TO MEME WITH MY FAVOURITE BUT I WANT ANOTHER ROUTE! Do you see my problem?

[Also I know Karma's job ain't a lawyer but it's called I'm lazy and can't be bothered finding out what it is.]