|43| "Fresh Starts"

"Hey...hey...Karma...wake up. Wake up you big oaf!" Nagisa gently rolled his fiancé off the bed. Fiancé. The word even sounded amazing to him. Just to think he was going to marry the person who he has known for years gave him butterflies.

Nagisa look down the side of the bed and saw Karma still asleep. "Uh...Karma?" He asked, wanting to make sure he hadn't killed his future husband only a day after they had been engaged. That would be bad.

In the midst of his train of thought, the blue haired man failed to realise that Karma had opened his eyes and was staring mischievously up at him. The redhead got to his feet before jumping on his partner. Nagisa let out a shriek of shock and tried to fight back against the taller body, failing miserably.

"Get! Off! Me!" The shorter cried out as he thrashed his arms, successfully hitting Karma in the side.

"Nagisa! That hurt!" He whined, pouting, before leaning down and placing a light feathered kiss to Nagisa's lips. They both stayed like that for a few minutes, not wanting to get up and start the day.

Half an hour later they were both out of bed and making breakfast, Karma insisting on chicken nuggets and Nagisa eventually giving in. While those were in the oven, the blue haired man went to check the mail (hoping that his father might've sent something as congrats to being engaged).

However, the letter that was sitting there was totally different. It was from the school he had recently been fired from. Immediately opening it, Nagisa's eyes travelled over the entire page reading everything.

Dear Nagisa Shiota,
Due to recent changes in the law only a week ago, we have looked back over your resume. Considering the circumstances you were fired in, your position can be given back to you, if you wish. If not, please email back or however else. If you do, come into school in the next few days and we can sort out what will be happening.

Nagisa froze in his place, rereading the note a few times over. He didn't know what to think. While this could mean he could go back and teach the kids whom he loved it would also mean going back to a place filled with homophobic people that most likely wouldn't be happy to see him again.

"Nagisa? You okay?" Karma asked," Food is ready too." The blue eyed man went back to where his fiancé was and showed him the letter.

"...Do you want to go back?" Was the only thing Karma said as he silently placed the letter onto the kitchen counter. He started serving the chicken nuggets onto separate plates while waiting for Nagisa's reply.

The blue haired man stood still, not knowing what to say. He desperately wished to help the kids that he cherished but at the same time felt as though he couldn't go back. The only reason he got this letter in the first place was because of the whole law being changed, who would say the people there would act any different?

"You don't have to decide now, you know?" The redhead piped up as he sat down at the table to begin breakfast," Think about it for a while. There's no harm in not having an answer right away." Nagisa nodded before taking a seat at the table and digging into the meal his fiancé made, a bit weirded out because of the fact chicken nuggets was not a breakfast food.

———

It was a fateful Monday morning. Iida-Sensei had left the classroom and every student apart from Rin and Ruka had gone to their lockers. Ruka had spent all morning trying to speak to the girl, only to get ignored or glared at every time she tried.

"Why are you so mad at me?" Ruka shouted as she slammed the door behind Rin and herself. The short haired brunette glared at her before walking to the other end of the classroom that Nagisa Shiota used to teach them in.

Ruka ran a hand through her hair and let out an irritated sigh," Look Rin, what have I done? I thought we we're friends." It was then the other girl span around with an angry look evident in her eyes.

"Why? Because you kissed me a few days ago! You make me feel things no one has ever made me feel before! You already have a girlfriend yet cheat on her by using me! You claim to like me yet you don't break up with her!" Rin cried out, wiping a few tears away, not wanting anyone to see her like this.

Ruka froze in her place, a look of shock filling her eyes. "I-I do like you Rin-!" She began only to get harshly interrupted.

"If you actually liked me you would've broken up with your girlfriend and not played me like this!" Rin shouted," What if the roles were reversed? What if I kissed you and already had a girlfriend?" The other girl didn't say anything, feeling the tears brimming up in her eyes. The two stood in silence, not knowing what to do next.

Then the bell went, signalling the end of break. Students started filing in and Rin broke her gaze away from her crushes, going to her seat and immediately sitting down. She could feel Ruka's eyes on the back of her head yet didn't dare turn around.

"Alright class, for the next hour we will be focusing on your English," Iida-Sensei stated as he came into the classroom," You should have all done the homework, if you haven't there will be an hours detention after school."

———

Yooooo...
A kinda short chapter because I'm living on no inspiration at the moment

Have any of you ever heard of this amazing website called '4anime.to'? ITS HEAVEN, I TELL YOU!! Loads of anime's for free! What more could you want!

Omg the latest episode of riverdale has me dead 💀. The show was already bad but when Jughead started signing I lost it. 😬😂