|22| "Chicken Nuggets Found"

"Thanks for dropping me off sir!" Rin smiled warmly at Ruka's father. When she had finally managed to get out of the girl's death grip, Rin had seen the twin's father getting in from work and luckily he had offered to drive her back to the apartment.

"It's fine young lady," The police officer grinned," But if I may ask, do you like my daughter, Ruka?" He had heard from Saya about what had happened and wanted to know if it was true. Rin swallowed nervously before nodding stiffly.

"That's okay. Just be careful alright? Ruka is in a relationship with someone else, you do know that? Right?" He responded and watched as the brunette girl's eyes sadden. She had no idea that the girl whom she had been hanging around with for the past few weeks was already dating someone else. Why was she so surprised? Of course her friend wouldn't like her! Besides that, Ruka was a player and always went around dating a new person basically every week or so.

"I-I better be going in now, thanks for the lift!" Rin waved goodbye before rushing into the apartment building, trying to hold the tears in. She had been stupid, falling for a girl like her. Wiping away a stray tear, the brown eyed girl pressed the button for the lift. Considering it was past midnight, there was no one around to witness her crying.

It took a few seconds for the lift to come down and as soon as the doors slid open Rin walked through. After pressing the floor number, they shut and the lift started going up. It was then the annoying elevator music began but the young girl could barely hear it over her sobbing and attempts to rein it back in.

As soon as they opened again, a blur of brown hair could be seen as Rin ran to the apartment door and knocked. It took a few seconds before a tired Nagisa opened the door. He rubbed his eyes and they widened at seeing the teenager in front of him. "Are you okay, Rin?" The blue haired man asked as she shut the door behind them and led her to the sofa to sit down.

Karma could be seen asleep on the opposite one, phone in hand as if he was waiting for someone to call or text. His mercury eyes opened groggily as he woke up from the noise being made. "Hey Nagisa, is Rin back ye-? Rin!" He smiled widely but quickly frowned at seeing her tear stained face," What's wrong?"

"It's n-nothing," The brunette teenagers sniffed as she used her hands to wipe away the tears," It's stupid really."

"Tell us anyway, we're here for you," Nagisa muttered as he sat down beside her and stroked the short hair on her head soothingly," That's only if you want to." Karma sat up and let out a quiet yawn before waddling over to the small sofa and budging onto the end next to her. The three of them were all squished onto the loveseat.

Rin bit her bottom lip gently before saying," It's just...I think I like Ruka..." The girl trailed off before looking down at her legs, picking her nails. Nagisa placed his hand on top of hers in attempt to stop and hopefully make sure a having was not formed.

"That's fine, Rin," Karma replied as he wrapped one arm around her shoulders," We all get crushes throughout our lives. And what makes you think Ruka won't like you? From what I've heard, she ain't straight either!" The redhead smiled in hopes of lifting her spirits but it didn't work.

"Yeah..." She spoke up again," But she's already dating someone else."

Karma immediately stood up and rushed over to the front door. He could be seen slipping on some shoes and grabbing a coat from the rack before opening the door. "I'll be back in a second, I know what'll cheer you up!" He shouted back in the apartment before the door was heard slamming shut.

Nagisa and the girl next to him raised an eyebrow at each other before shrugging. "I think what you have to do is get Ruka to like you back," The blue haired man gave some advice," Try to get her to like you back. I think she already likes you though." Rin quickly shook her head.

"If she does then why is she going out with someone else?" The teenager asked him only to be greeted with silence.

Nagisa sighed after a few moments before responding," I really don't know Rin." The next few minutes were spent in silence, the older just hugging the younger in comfort. The blue eyed man ran a hand through her hair before jumping in surprise at hearing a knock on the door.

"Karma must've forgotten his key," He muttered before standing up and walking over to the front door. Opening it, Nagisa's eyes widened at seeing his boyfriend.

"Hey Nagi!" The redheaded man smiled widely as he held five boxes of chicken nuggets, all having at least fourteen in one. Nagisa's mouth fell open.

He stuttered out," Why the ever loving fuck is this Karma? We are literally poor." Rin and Karma's eyes widened at hearing the short man swear and the tallest quickly pushed passed him in hopes of not getting killed today.

"I know but I thought some chicken nuggets might cheer Rin up since I ate them all earlier!" The mercury eyed man explained as he went to the kitchen and dumped all the food onto the counter. Rin ran in, eyes wide, and stopped as soon as she saw how many boxes were stacked up.

She glanced up at Karma and smirked through her still teary face," Nagisa is right. Why the fuck did you buy so many?"

———

Two updates in one day! Wow, aren't we all feeling lucky. Idk what to put here so I'm just gonna say it's the summer holidays! Yay!

(Don't be expecting more updates than usual because I'm gonna be busy)

I'll try to update quite a bit in these next few weeks before I go on holiday for two. I'll barely have any data with where I'm going so that'll be exciting!