|18| "Nature Trails"

Karma : When you coming home from work? I know you said you wanted to get the bus but are you sure, Nagi? I can pick you up

Nagisa : I don't want you leaving work early again for me Karma! Stay, I'll be fine! (^_^;)

Nagisa placed his phone back down on the desk and turned to face the class again. They were all busy writing in their books so it was no problem if he did go on his phone but the man still felt a small trickle of guilt doing so. When he was their age, he was always jealous that teachers could go on their devices whenever they wanted. So now he tried to be different.

"Sensei, I don't understand this question," Saya raised her hand. Nagisa stood up and quickly walked over to one of his students who was struggling in English.

"It says 'do you have any siblings'," Nagisa explained and the pink haired girl only nodded before picking up bed pen again and beginning to write. The man went back to his seat.

———

The bell went at the end of the day. Rin was going out with some of her friends tonight so she wouldn't be getting a ride back with Nagisa. He silently packed away everything before picking up his bag and walking out the room. A few students still lingered in the halls and none of them paid him any attention.

The hot sun hit his body as soon as he left the building, blinding Nagisa for a split second. It wasn't a long walk to the bus stop, less than five minutes. As he walked, the blue haired man did see some of his own students hanging out after school. He was happy to see that they were all coming together and felt his heart warm at the realisation he contributed to that.

There was only one week until the groups in class had to perform their scenes from A Midsummer Night's Dream. In all honesty, Nagisa was excited to see what everyone chose and how they would play it out.

As the man got to the bus stop, he noticed a familiar someone standing next to the small post with the bus times on it. She had bright ginger hair that stopped just above her shoulders and was in curls. Her green eyes widened at seeing him and she immediately ran up to the boy. "Nagisa!" Hinano shouted as she wrapped her arms around the boy. The two were classmates in middle school, both working alongside each other to assassinate their teacher.

"Hey Hinano, it's been so long since I've seen you," Nagisa greeted her as he hugged the taller girl back. They both let go and the ginger girl smiled brightly.

"I can't believe you've barely grown since we were 15!" She giggled while Nagisa only frowned slightly but he was used to the teasing by Karma so it didn't bother him much.

"How's your nature trails going in the old classroom?" The blue haired man asked as they both turned to the road and waited for a bus to come down it. There was a slight breeze which managed to cool them both down.

Hinano smiled fondly at the memories she had created with her job. After the whole class had saved up enough money to buy the old E-Class, she used the forest and mountains as nature trails for young children. She taught them about the creatures that lived there, how to climb trees and learning about the geography of the place. "It's going great! All the kids who come are so cute and interested in learning all about the nature and creatures around the mountains," The ginger woman grinned.

Then a bus pulled up, both getting on and paying the fee. Deciding to sit next to each other, the both went near the back of the bus where barely any people were sat so they could talk about stuff. Mainly Koro-Sensei and their time trying to kill him.

The vehicle started moving again. "How is being a teacher?" Hinano decided to start the conversation.

"It's fine but I'm only a teacher in training. Basically a teacher because the real one never shows up though," Nagisa then addex thoughtfully," I've been thinking that after the exams that are in a month or two I could take them on a school trip. Since they are the the bottom class like we were the school doesn't authorise class trips. I thought if they did well in their exams I could try take them somewhere as I reward."

He looked over at Hinano to see her crying with a big smile on her lips. "You're too pure Nagisa!~" She sang loudly, earning a few glares from two woman sitting a few rows ahead. The smaller only sweat dropped as his friend from middle school tried to dry her eyes.

"You okay now?" He asked cautiously as the bus turned around a corner. The scenery flashed by.

Hinano nodded before she spoke up," What about you take your class to the old classroom? It'll be free and all you'd have to pay for is the train ride there. You could stay for a few days and teach them to fight, or maybe show them parkour or the scenery?"

"That sounds like a good idea but what about you? Don't you work there?" Nagisa asked as she fell back against his seat.

"Just stay off the routes I take and at night I could help you out," Hinano suggested as they heard the ding of the bell to say the bus will be stopping at the next stop for someone.

"I think I'll do that, thanks Hinano!" The blue haired man smiled widely," Can I ask why you're down here and not there though?"

The ginger haired girl only giggled before replying with," Visiting some family, that's all." She looked out the window and then noticed where they where. "Got to go now, Nagisa. See you soon!" Hinano then stood up and ran off the bus before the doors could slid shut and the bus could start going again.

———

Hola, everyone. I updated again! I guess since it's nearing summer and because I barely have any homework now I can write more.

Thank for 9k too! I'm so happy!
(>w<

Also, do any of you have any suggestions of what I could do for 10k? I don't want to write a chapter but maybe something where I could get to know my reader better or the other way around?