|17| "Assassination...attempt?"

Kota gripped onto her bag tightly as she wondered the halls of the school building. The encounter with Mase Haruna was fresh in her mind as it had only happened a while ago. She bit her bottom lip gently as she looked out the window of school property. The only people still in the building were teachers and pupils who did after school activities. Neither of them fit her. In fact, the black haired girl had no idea why she was still in school. Normally she would be rushing to escape the place she nicknamed hell but something held her back today.

Her feet thudded against the ground as she turned around another corner and then the girl walked face first into someone else. Letting out a loud gasp, she stumbled back slightly and her glasses fell off her face. Everything turned blurry. "Shit, I'm so sorry," Kota muttered out as she fell to the ground and patted around, in hopes of finding her glasses. Embarrassment built up once she realised how stupid she must've looked.

"Are you looking for these?" The voice sounded familiar, meaning it was most likely someone in her class. Kota raised her head and saw a blur of brown hair and a body. "These glasses?" The masculine sounding voice asked once again. The girl nodded and got to her feet again and held out her hand, waiting for the person to place them down. But it never happened.

"Can I have my glasses back?" She mumbled out as she became more flustered. Kota has no idea who was in front of her and felt too vulnerable than she liked to be, she felt as if anything could come from anywhere and attack her while her guard was down.

"Just one question before I give you these back," The person in front of her said," How many fingers am I holding up?" The black haired girl could see three fuzzy fingers and raised an eyebrow. Did this person seriously think she couldn't see at all? Who was this dumb?

"Do you actually think I cannot see you're holding up three fingers? My sight is blurry - not that I can't see anything," She hissed out and reached to grab where she could see an outline of black, assuming they were her glasses. Wrapping her fingers around them, she pulled back and successfully took them off the unknown person.

Placing them back on her face, she finally saw who was in front of her and scowled. "What the fuck do you want Arashi?" The brown haired boy who towered over her only smirked slightly before running a hand through his hair. A small spark of mischief was hidden in his sea blue eyes.

"I want you and I to try assassinate our teacher together," He said it so confidently that Kota almost stumbled back for a second time. She blinked once, then twice. The brunette seemed to be awaiting a response as he stood awkwardly, all his confidence from earlier just disappearing.

The black haired girl cleared her throat," Assassination...attempt? Why would you want that, and why would I agree to that?"

———

"Why did I agree to this?" She muttered out as her eyes travelled down to the knife laying in her palm. Their blue haired teacher was up in front of the classroom Kota knew for a fact she wasn't strong like the rest of her classmates when it came to fighting or hand combat and it seemed only Arashi had noticed. He had given her a small slick knife, meant for throwing.

After school yesterday she had agreed to his assassination attempt, despite knowing it was going to fail. She wanted to show the class she was like them, no, she wanted them to know how powerful she was and how she ended up in this class. Licking her lips, she brought her fingers around the throwing knife and as soon as Nagisa's turned his back to the class she stood up.

Arashi took this as a sign and slid out of his seat and back edging towards the front. The girl gripped the knife and then launched it at their teacher. As he turned around, he saw the small object flying towards him and jumped down towards the ground. Nagisa front rolled and stood back up straight away to see a throwing knife hit the chalk board and bounce straight off it and land on the floor.

Just as he was about to congratulate Kota on her attempt, he was taken down to the ground again by surprise. Nagisa could feel the weight on his back and used all his strength to roll them over so he was on top. All the training with Karma had paid off.

The blue haired man jabbed his elbow into the other's gut and felt the grip around him loosen and took the opportunity to get away. Nagisa jumped to his feet and turned around to face the people who tried to assassinate him. Arashi and Kota. "Well done you two," He congratulated them both," I never expected you to work toge-!"

He was tackled to the ground by the taller brunette and let out a gasp. Arashi grabbed his teacher's hands and forced them to the ground, making a few pupils raise their eyebrows at the questionable position. Nagisa coughed violently but was still determined to beat the younger one. He brought his foot up and kicked his crotch, making the boy yelp and let go of his hands - collapsing onto the ground beside him. Kota didn't do anything but watch as her temporary partner hit the ground, wishing that maybe she had.

"As I was saying, great work you two. I never thought of you two working past your rivalry to take me down," Nagisa started off as he got to his feet and dusted off the imaginary dirt," Arashi, use your flexibility to your advantage. Try take up a martial arts. And Kota, a gun would suit you better than a throwing knife. You are not as strong as a person would have to be to use this weapon so go with something that would do it by itself."

———
I know I rarely update but I have now. I'm surprised the amount I've updated this month - maybe because it's PRIDE 🏳️‍🌈!!!!

And thank you for all the comments, votes and support I've received over the past few weeks. It really motivated me to write another chapter this quick.

Can I also mention that this book has over 6.5k reads?!? That's crazy! Once this book reaches 10k I'll do something special. Maybe I'll do some sort of reveal or something - definitely not a face reveal but perhaps a Q & A of you're interested? I dunno, give me ideas.