Reunited

Piper's POV

It was a day like all others. I woke up to the sun screaming in my face. The sun, it reminded me of Jason. The sun, the cause of his death. Images raced through my head. Running through the long boat, fighting for a pair of shoes, Jason fighting, even with arrow sticking out of each limb, Jason getting stabbed, Jason laying on the beach, dead. Death loomed over him like a shadow.

I shook those thoughts out of my head. It's been several weeks since we arrived in Oklahoma. I haven't heard from Meg, Apollo, or Camp Jupiter. I just been trying to avoid monsters and live a peaceful life. That is what Jason would have wanted for me, right?

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I grabbed a camp half-blood shirt and some shorts and threw them on. Something smelled good in the kitchen. It smelled like pancakes. I walked to the kitchen to find my dad making pancakes which really surprised me. Pancakes are a rare treat and my dad usually burns them. He just learned how to cook and is getting better.

"Hello darling! Are you ready for some pancakes?" my dad asked.

"Sure," I replied, thoughts of the adventures on the Argo 2 swirling in my head. I than remember that Percy liked his pancakes blue. Maybe they taste better?

"Hey dad," I said. "Do we have any blue food coloring?"

"Yeah, I believe so. Why?" he questioned.

"Make my pancakes blue," I commanded, putting as much charmspeak in my voice as I could.

My dad blinked at me and didn't saw a word. I felt guilty on charmspeaking my dad but he would ask me strange, unwanted questions.

It turns out pancakes do taste better when they are blue. I was feeling full and happy so I decided to take a walk. I grabbed my sweater and yelled to my dad that I am going out.

It felt good out in the Oklahoma breeze. Sunflowers danced in the wind, birds were singing a lovely song, and the breeze whispered to me with a soothing voice. Out in the woods gave me some time to think. Just think. I rarely went on walks because I was need in the tiny, cozy house. I thanked Hestia for that.

I was so deep in thought I didn't realize the hellhound creeping up behind me. It was too late before I realized it. It's claws sank into my back, painfully cutting back. I fell to the ground and took out my knife. The hellhound slightly backed away from the gittering knife. I ran toward it tand stabbed it. Golden dust exploded over me and I fell to the floor.

"No," I whispered. "This is not how I go out. Not after all I been through, after all we been through."

I felt myself dying. I had no ambrosia, no nectar, nothing. And no one will know that I died until Nico visits the Underworld or feels my death. I felt myself fading and I welcomed darkness.

————————————————————

*In The Underworld*

I found myself in a room, DOA Studios I believe from what Percy told me. People were sitting on benches, looking bored out of their mind. I could tell in their eyes.

Putting as much charmspeak into my voice, I commanded the ferryman Charon. "One ride please."

His eyes became unfocused. "Hop on in ma'am."

I smiled and climbed in. We sailed around the River Styx. I recalled Percy telling stories like on his first quest, or when he bathed in the waters. I smiled, but I was also thinking about the reaction when the rest of the Seven, Nico, Reyna, and both camps find out my death.

I shuttered when I arrived at the gates of the Underworld. I sat in line, waiting to be judged. Finally, I was called up. It was scary, getting judged. The judges looked at my memories. I saw images I never what to see, at the Wilderness School, arriving at camp Half-Blood, my quest, and adventures on the Argo 2. They stared at me.

"Elysium." They said in union.

I walked through the gates of Elysium. I saw people from the Second Giant War, I saw people from the Second Titan I heard stories about. I saw my sister Silena, and finally I saw a boy with gold glasses, blonde hair, and sky blue eyes.

"Hey Sparky," I said.

"I'm so sorry," Jason apologized. "Can we get back together?"

"Sure," I accepted. I heard Silena scream from behind me but I didn't care.

"How did you get here so soon?" Jason asked.

"Hellhound," was all I replied with.

I didn't care, because we were

Reunited.