Peace at Last

I realized that I missed the one year anniversary of the Burning Maze's release. A little over a year and a month ago, we discovered that Jason died. I decided to do a one-shot as tribute to Jason. Enjoy! Jason, I hope you are happy now.-

Jason's POV

Darkness.

Only darkness. And pain too. What's going on? Where am I?

Everything than hit me. The prophecy, the boat, the maze, the shoes, Meg, Piper, Apollo, Caligula, ordering Tempest to leave with outing him, getting stabbed.

Dying, I am dying. Never until she dies, will I get to see Piper. This broke my heart. Sure, Piper ended the relationship months ago, but we grew close together while on the Argo 2. I will never get to finish the temples for the minor gods and goddesses. I hope Apollo lives up to his promise.

I woke up in DOA Studios. Souls were there, waiting to be let across. Charon stood behind his "desk," a smug expression plastered across his face. There was barely any light. The black, slimy walls made the room even more depressing. Grover was right. This place needs a makeover.

I walked up to Charon, still with a smug expression.

"Ah yes. The Hero of Olympus," Charon said. "Hop right on."

I was shocked. Percy told me that it was nearly impossible to hitch a ride without payment. He said "Hero of Olympus" so does that mean someone told him yo let me pass? Maybe it was Hades. I'm just confused.

I did not argue or complain. A free, confusing ride is way better than no ride.

I hoped on. Charon got on and started rowing across the River of Styx. It is hard to believe that Percy came here with Nico and took a bath in this river. It is hard to believe Percy defeated an entire army here along with Hades. Percy did so much? What did I do?

I did do something.

I am Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, former Praetor of the Twelfth Legion, member of the 5th Cohort. I defeated Krios, the Trojan Sea Monster, Porphyrion, Gaea, and countless monsters. I toppled the black throne of Kronos. I am Jason Grace, son of the King of the Gods.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even realize we pulled up on the other side of the River of Styx. Everyone piled onto the shore and walked towards the gates. Cerbus ran up to me and started sniffing me.

"You smell Percy?" I asked. "You miss him? I do too."

Cerbus barked his replied.

"I'll take that as a yes," I said.

I walked through the gates. Everyone I know, the Seven, Reyna, Meg, Apollo, Chiron, the gods, everyone, would want me to be judged and be granted to enter Elysium. Everyone would want me happy.

It took forever, waiting to be judged. A long line of souls were lined up in front of me. Finally, it was my turn. I took a deep breath and walked through the gates.

The judges sat high above me. Most people I heard about said being judged is overwhelming. It was overwhelming, but also scary. They took a look at my memories.

I saw my memories, ones I never wanted to see again. I saw myself as I tried to eat a stapler; the scar from the "ordeal" sung a little bit. I saw as I was taken away from my family; I saw my rise in the 5 Cohort; I saw as I toppled the black throne of Kronos and killed Krios; I saw as I went on my quest to save Juno. I saw everything. I saw myself as I got stabbed by a spear with arrow sprouting by each limb.

The judges looked at me with shocked expressions. I think they have not seen so many heroic acts like mine in a long time. They whispered among each other for like 10 seconds before making a decision.

"Elysium," the judges said in union.

I walked away through the passageway that opened up. Finally, I have peace at last. I achieved the one thing everyone would have wanted for me.

I walked through the gates of Elysium. People gathered around me, whispering and staring. I saw the heroes who died in the last two wars. I saw the heroes I heard about when I as at Camp Half-Blood. Silena, Becknodorf, Lee Fletcher, Michel Yew, Zoe, Caster, Luke, the original Jason and the original Perseus.

I became best friends with Luke. We looked very similar and even shared a house. Luke and I often sparred. Life has been good. I haven't heard anything about Piper, Meg, Apollo, or Camp Jupiter. Apollo has not arrived yet so he is alive.

Everyday I think about my friends. Piper is probably heartbroken and alone. Meg, I have no idea about her. Apollo probably feels guilty.

I know, I know I will get to Piper and the rest of the Seven one day. Hopefully, that time won't be anytime soon. Sure, I want to see them, but I want them to live happy lives. I want Percy and Annabeth to get married and have kids. I want Hazel and Frank also to get married and have kids. I want Piper to live a happy life in Oklahoma. I want everyone to go to college.

I wish I could tell Apollo, Meg and Piper that I am at peace at last. No more quests or prophecies. No more being the pawn of Olympus. Just hanging out with my new friends and living (well dying) to the fullest. 

The pain of leaving Piper to go into the Burning Maze with Apollo and Meg consumes me. I left her, and our world might fall apart. Those Roman emperors could take over the world. All the demigods could die; the gods might fall and I can't help at all. Maybe I did? I died helping Apollo getting the shoes to lead them through the Burning Maze and save one more oracle.

I am happy, happy that Piper is okay. I lived a happy, well happiest a demigod can be, life. I died knowing that Piper lived, and I was the one in the prophecy. That feeling is way better than grief over my ex-girlfriend. Sure, it did not work out, but maybe it was better that way.

I have one thing though. I have peace. After sixteen years,

Peace at last.