I'll See You There

And now, we start the new ones that I wrote when I was gone! Enjoy!

Percy's POV

I was ready, ready to propose to my Wise Girl. I just returned from Olympus, after completing a quest for Annabeth's hand. I'm not going to go into details, but it sucked.

The ring was beautiful. It has a bronze band with half-sea green half grey jewel. It was simple but glowed grey. I had to ask Athena to make it do that. It was simple, but perfect.

I planned everything out perfectly down to last minute. Nothing could go wrong, or so I thought.

I asked Annabeth if she wanted to go on a fancy date tomorrow night to our favorite beach spot. She agree and we were happy.

I got into my sea-green suit and made sure I had the ring in a grey box. Let's do this I thought. I am ready.

Annabeth and I gathered on the beach. She looked like a goddess.

Annabeth was wearing a simple grey knee-length dress with owl earrings.

She had grey flat shoes with jewel flower over the toes and no makeup. Like I said, she looked like a goddess. No, she is a goddess.

"You look beautiful, Wise Girl," I commented.

"Thanks," she said.

We walked along the beach until we reached our beach spot. I came a few hours ago and set up a simple picnic. Candles were lit around the green and grey patterned blanket. Annabeth gasped.

"Oh Seaweed Brain, it's perfect," Annabeth said.

"You like it?" I asked.

"I love it," she replied.

We sat down and enjoyed Camp Half-Blood strawberries, pizza, and my mom's famous blue cookies. I shoved a strawberry into Annabeth's mouth and she laughed.

After an hour, it was almost time to go. We sat next to each other, enjoying each other warmth. It was sunset. I took a deep breath. It was time, time for the most important moment of my life.

I got down on one knee as we stood up. Annabeth gasped.

"Wise Girl," I said. "You are the most important thing in my life. I would be dead without you. We been through two wars, countless quests, and I even fell in Hell for you. And yes, I would do it again if it meat I would be with you. I truly love and I want to spend the rest of my life. So, will you, my Wise Girl and girlfriend, make me the luckiest demigod and marry me?"

I pulled out the box and opened it. Annabeth gasped again.

"Yes, yes I will!" she cried.

Annabeth slipped the ring onto her finger. It fit perfectly and match her skin great.

"We're getting married. I can't believe it," she whispered.

"Believe it," I said.

Sudden;y, the conch horn blew three times. An attack. We exchanged a look of fear and worry. I took out Riptide and Annabeth grabbed her drakon-bone sword.

A fairly large army was at the border, trying to get through. Campers were grabbing weapons and some looked at Annabeth and I's choice of clothes.

"Chiron," Adie called out to Chiron once we found him, "what is going on?"

"These monsters just appeared," Chiron explained.

"That explains a lot," I mumbled. "Campers!" I shouted. "Let's ummm... fight stuff!"

Cheers and laughs rang through the camp. We charged. For a few minutes, the camper, Annabeth and I fought ruthly against the monsters that attacked our home.

Soon, I realized Annabeth wasn't beside me. I scanned the crowd and saw her.

Annabeth was fighting a monster. Than it happened. She tripped over shoes and the monster took advantage. It was an manticore, not just any manticore. It was Dr. Thorne. The moment Annabeth tripped, Dr. Thorn shot a spike at her heart.

I watched in horror as Annabeth dropped to the floor, blood flowing out of the wound. No, I couldn't be, not after all we been through.

I barely noticed the battle around me. The campers managed to defeat the monsters. Everyone realized what happened when they saw me crying over Annabeth's body. I saw the ring on her finger, it hit me. We would never get married.
A few days later, both camps gathered to witness the burning of the shroud. Nico oversaw it. The shroud was beautiful. It was grey with an owl in the center. In the background was bronze dagger. Sea-green swirls covered it.

When the ceremony was over, Hazel gave me something. She made me hold out my hand and Hazel put something in it. Piper, who was standing right next to her, rolled my fist up and told me to look later.

Later, I opened my fist to see Annabeth's ring. Hazel must have summoned it before Nico burned the shroud. I thanked her before she left.

I loved my life. But now my life been taken away. My Annabeth. I know you are in Elysium.

I'll See You There