By Your Side

TOA never happens in this story.

Percy's POV

I love New York City. Everything, from the people to noise, was annoying and unique. It is also the best place for old friends to meet up and hang out.

Frank and Reyna magned to get off work after Camp Jupiter came over to Camp Half-Blood. Naturally, the big leaders of the camps decided to ditch camp and leave the campers to Chiron and the smaller leaders to deal with.

We decided to meet up at the best pizza place in the big city. My wonderful girlfriend and I came from our apartment, and everyone else was coming from camp.

We were driving along when it happened, the day that changed everything.

A car lost control and started headed right towards us.

I turned the wheel to avoid hrs car but it was a bad mistake. Our car headed right towards a tree and I couldn't turn in time.

I held onto Annabeth and braced myself for the crash.

Annabeth's POV

Percy grabbed onto me as we shot toward a tree. Everything happened to fast.

We hit the tree and glass shards flew towards us. The car jerked around and I could barely see was going on. Than everything stopped.

I heard people screaming and someone calling 911. My leg has throbbing so badly that I felt it was going to fall. Someone got off the phone. People were screaming at us, asking if we were okay. I did not have the strength and energy to replied."

It took forever, but finally, I heard the ambulance sirens. Cars pulled up besides our wreck of a car.

"Hello?" someone called.

"Yeah," I said, struggling with words.

"Can you get up? How many other people are with you?" the same voice asked.

I took a deep breath. "I don't believe so. I'm with my boyfriend. I think he is unconscious."

"Okay, try to stay awake. We are going to get you out," the voice replied.

I heard the voice giving orders and metal being cut. A young man climbed into the car and carefully grabbed Percy. Another man came into the car and helped me to my feet. Limping badly, I managed to get to the ambulance. And for the first time while they were treating my leg, I saw a good look at Percy.

Percy was cut all over his back and appeared to have a broken arm and an open fracture on his leg. Maybe he has a broken rib.

The ride to the hospital was quick, but terrible. I watched them as they tried to fix up Percy and my leg. When we arrived, they wheeled Percy to an OR while I got wheeled to an x-ray room. They x-rayed my leg and they wheeled me off to a room while I waited for the results.

Half an hour later, the doctor came back with a grim expression plastered upon his face.

"You have a broken leg and I believe that is all. Now, Perseus Jackson is still in the OR, but I can confirm he has two broken ribs, and open fracture on his leg and a broken arm. Also, lots of deep cuts over back that will need stitches. He will probably need to stay here for five months. Let's throw a cast on that leg and get you some crutches. Due to the seriousness of the break, you will need to have the cast on for four months," the doctor explained. (I know what I am talking about. My dad is a PA in the ER.) "Do you want to choose a color?"

I thought about it for a minute. "Blue."

She left the room and came back with scissors, gazes, and strangely, cloth. The doctor got to work. Within five minutes, a blue cast was on my leg. She gave me some crutches and taught me how to use them. The doctor explained I could stay in the room for the rest of the day and be discharged tonight. She helped me into bed and I turned on a movie.

Not too long after I started the movie, I felt something buzz in my pocket. I checked my pocket and pulled out my phone.

You see, Leo made this phones for demigods so we don't get eaten alive. Piper's number was on the screen. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Annabeth, why aren't you here yet?" Piper asked.

"We got into a car crash," I replied. "Percy is in the OR still."

"Which hospital?" she questioned.

"Manhattan Hospital," I said.

"We will be right there," Piper told me and hung up.

Five minutes later, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo (he came back a week ago) Calypso, and Reyna darted into the room.

"Oh no!" exclaimed Hazel. "What happened?"

I launched into a full explanation of the story, not leaving any details out. By the time I was finished, a new doctor entered the room.

"Wow," he said. "Anyway, Perseus Jackson is out of the OP and soon will be waking up. I can only take three of you not to overwhelm him."

"I have an idea," I told everyone.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Sally's number. Within two minutes, Sally and Paul were both there.

"Sally, Paul, and I will go," I said.

Piper and Hazel helped me out of bed and onto my crutches. We walked past two rooms and arrived at his room.

Bandages were wrapped around his chest and leg. His left arm was in a blue cast, just like mine and and IV was stuck in his right wrist.

Sally pulled up three chairs besides his bed and we waited.

"Just so you know Seaweed Brain, I will always be by your side," I whispered to him.

Half an hour later, Percy started to move and his eyes fluttered open.

"Annabeth?" he asked, his voice quiet and raspy.

"Shhh," I said. "I am here and we are alive."

Third Person POV

Over the next several months, Percy had more surgeries to fix his leg. Annabeth got her cast off four months after the crash. Percy, on the other hand, six months in the hospital. The first thing he did when he got out was to go to the beach with Annabeth.

They did an underwater kiss, the first one in ages. It almost beat the first one.

UGG! This took me forever! I hope you enjoyed it!

Word Count: 1037