chapter fourty three

millie's pov;

i was just making breakfast for the boys when i get a text from mikey.

mikey🤩; i've text the boys too as well as blair. i need to speak to you all.

me; okay, bro. whenever you're ready.

well that was a text i never thought i would get.
—-
"boys, breakfast. get your fat asses down here!" i shout.

jack comes running towards me first and squeezes my cheeks, "thank you, millie."

rye comes behind me and grabs his breakfast, i tried to get out of the way but he whispered, "it's fine, thank you."

"where's brook?"

"sleeping still." andy says.

i grab my phone and run up the stairs, positioning in perfectly but carefully on the banister to record.

i ran in the room making brook jump, "BOO."

he fell out of bed, for crying out loud. taking my phone and stopped the recording, "you got me good, there."

"i know," i say, flipping my hair, "i love you."

"i love you too," he responds, "is there any breakfast?"

i nod my head, "made by the courtesy of your lovely girlfriend."

he smiles and gets up, kissing me, "thank you, beautiful."

i smile back and he leaves the room.
—-
as i've already eaten, i start to get ready for the day - wearing high wasted black skinny jeans, white cropped shirt and my grey air forces.

i look in the mirror to see if i need to adjust anything but i didn't have to, "wow, you look great today, babe."

i thought brook had said that but it was rye, "oh, thanks."

what is going on with rye these days?

he smiles and winks, then leaves.

"what the actual fuck?" i whisper to myself and go downstairs.

i hear a really loud wolf whistle by brook, "wowie, you look bloody amazing today."

i smile at him, "you look gorgeous all the time, sis."

i blow jack a kiss, "i'm filming a cover today."

"ooh, what song?" andy asks.

"without me, halsey."

"i've heard you sing that in the shower," brook says, "so fucking good and so is this breakfast."

we all laugh, "always on about his love for food."

brook smiles at us all, "mikey is coming round with both paige and blair today, isn't he?"

"yeah," i say", wonder what it's about though..."

the boys all have blank looks on their faces, i hope mikey isn't leaving.
—-
setting my camera up with all the lights on and my mic, i start to introduce the video, "hey guys, today i'm doing a cover to 'without me' by halsey, i hope you enjoy."

SKIP

"thank you for listening or watching, be sure to like and subscribe for more, love yous." i say and blow a kiss to the camera before shutting it off.

i hear clapping behind me as i do so, "wow, beautiful voice."

"thank you," i say but turn around to see rye is stood there, "why are you acting like this around me all of a sudden?"

i start walking towards him so i can leave the room but he stands in my way; he's very tall compared to me.

"millie, i really like you." he says.

"okay." i say, trying to leave the room.

"no, millie. you don't understand."

"then explain, i'm with brook for fuck sake. you can not just say when you like me whenever you want and expect me to literally stop everything to give you what you want," i say, "i'm sorry rye but i can't be with you. i love brook and i'm not breaking his heart because i know what it's like to have your heart broken into millions of pieces and i'm not doing that to him."

he looks up and me, smirking before shutting the door, "maybe i can change your mind."

i shake my head and start laughing, "you are joking?"

he shakes his head in response to my question, "just..." he says.

and he kisses me, i push him off, "rye, what the fuck. are you not hearing me, i don't want this."

he kisses me again and the door bursts open....

brook.
—-
hey guys, my weekend has been trash.

how are you guys doing?

~🤯