chapter fourty seven

jack's pov

i've taken millie out to get some food and to go on a walk. today is the day that we both dread.

we fucking hate today, she hates it more than me.

today is the death day of her twin brother. we're going to see him today.
—-
millie's pov
it's 3 years today since my twin brother sadly passed.

jack's taken me out for food and to see him, i can't help but think it's my fault, "i'm sorry, jack."

he pulls me into the biggest hug he's ever given me, "don't be sorry," he says, voice breaking, "callum would be so proud of us, especially you."
—-
we arrive at his grave, which says

in loving memory of callum daniel duff, loving brother and son who is missed deeply. 2000-2016, rest easy, man.

both jack and i sit down, holding hands and my head on his shoulder and his head on mine.

"hey, bro," i sniff, "3 years huh, where's it gone? i'm so sorry that this happened to you, i wish i was there to stop it,"

i'm breaking now but jack steps in, "callum, how's it going? having fun with nana - we miss you, man. you're all me and millie talk about, when the guys aren't around," he chuckles softly, shedding tears, "millie's found someone, my best mate but that can't be helped, you would've loved him, he's always taking her out, making sure she's okay, he's just number one really."

i look up at him and smile.
—-
i kiss my hand and place it softly on the grave, "i love you, buddy."

"forever and always," jack says after, "he really would be so proud of you."

i kiss his cheek and we walk back.

today just sucks ass, i just hope i don't have to explain this to the lads right now.
—-
we arrive back and everyone is sitting in the living room, waiting up for us. brook instantly sees that we've both been crying and rushes to give us both a hug. we both cry, which causes brook to cry a little and for the others to join in, "what's happened, guys?"

i break free from the group hug, "i don't really want to talk about it, right now," i say, quietly, "if that's okay?"

they nod at me and jack gives me a sympathetic look before i walk to my room.

as soon as i hit the bed, i start sobbing into the pillows, "why me?" i whisper to myself.

just why.
—-
i must have fell asleep because it's now a little dark out, so i get up and have a quick shower before going to talk to the boys.

i get there and they're sat how they were earlier, "so, i'm ready now." i smile a little.

i go sit next to jack and brook, "so um, we've kept this from you for reasons so please dont get angry with us," i sigh, "today is 3 years since my twin brother passed."

there was complete and utter silence, "is that where you went today?" andy asks, sweetly.

i nod, wiping my tears, "i'm so sorry, babe."

brook pulls me into a hug again, kissing my head, "we all are." rye says.

"tell us about him." sonny asks sympathetically and looks at jack and i.

"that's a story for another day." jack quietly says.
—-
it's about 10 o'clock, everyone is asleep in the living room after binge watching prison break.

i go to the kitchen to get some water and brook is stood there, staring out the window, "hey, babe. you okay?" i ask.

he comes and stands by me, "yeah, course. just thinking."

"about?"

"you," he smiles, "jack, your twin."

i look at him, "why?"

"because, just am. you and jack just don't speak about him, why's that?"

i shrug, "it's too hard to, callum and i were so close. inseparable and all three of us were a trio. no one can replace the bond we had - jack and i are still very close but without callum, it's just empty."

he looks at me, "well, i think that callum would be proud of you and jack and how he would be taking the mick out of your mini strops you have," he chuckles, "taking the mick out of jack's silliness, he is looking down, watching you express into someone else. you deserve literally everything, millie."

i start crying again, "thank you."

brook wraps his arms around me, looking down, "why are you thanking me," he says, "what i've just said is very true. don't cry, you're too beautiful." he kisses me.

"do you want to come with me to his grave tomorrow?" i whisper, and he wipes my tears.

"i would love to." i look up and kiss him again.
—-
today is the following day, i phoned parents yesterday with jack, they're heartbroken.

i woke up in a good mood and got ready, brook is coming with me to see callum this morning. can't wait if i'm honest.

brook got up and ready and we left before everyone else got up.
—-
we arrive at callum's grave, again.

brook reaches for my hand, "hey mate." he says.

"callum, this is brook," i say, "my boyfriend."

"millie," brook says, "this is going to sound weird but can i talk to him alone?"

i look at him and smile, "of course."

i walk off and sit on the bench which is near the grave but not too close. i just see brook bend down and start talking.
—-
brooks pov

"hey callum, how's it going? i just want to say something and you may already know but i just want to say it anyway," i breathe out, "your sister, is literally the best person - she's funny, smart and fucking gorgeous; and as for jack well, he's just the same, minus the gorgeous part, no but on a serious note, i do promise to look after her, i do that a lot, i'm always texting her when i'm not with her especially when we're on tour - i'm in love with your sister, they don't talk about you but i can understand why. i don't really talk about my dad either to be fair, it's hard for me to do so, but why millie has told me you sound like a great brother, i hope to meet you soon, bro. have a good one up there." i finished, but before i walked back to meet millie i saw a photo of jack, millie and callum.

i took my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of it.

millie walks towards me, "how was it?"

"great." i smile.

we walked home, talking about callum and my dad, i couldn't be happier and neither could she.

i'm in love and i'm not afraid to admit it.
—-
bit of an emotional one.

thank you for reading, love you💗

~🤯