warm in white

~

Jaemin woke up to a complete white-out, groaning.

"It's the middle of August, what the hell." Jisung stirred next to him, wrapping his arm around him.

Jaemin lifted Jisung's arm off of his chest, grabbing the parcels from the fridge, the notes from his drawer, and ran them down to Jisung's locker.

"Morning Yunho," he greeted. Yunho groaned, "go back to sleep, classes were cancelled for teachers to semi-predict the weather for the week." Jaemin cheered, hugging the nurse.

Jaemin bounded back up to his dorm, flopping back onto his bed. "Hyuck, Yang, Sung, let's go take the dogs for a walk in the courtyard!" The dogs' ears perked up, barking at them.

"Great job, Min. Now they're all riled up." Donghyuck's raspy morning voice answered.

"So, you'll come with?" Donghyuck nodded, kicking YangYang out of his bed.

"You waking up sleeping beauty any time soon?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

Jaemin whipped out a match, lighting a citrus candle.

Within seconds of the scent wafting through the room Jisung rose from his coma.

"Let's go get breakfast, then we can go."

~
The room was relatively empty, noted that most kids were still sound asleep. Jaemin's table enjoyed their muffins and juice in peace, speaking on occasion.

"Jaems, can you pass me an apple?" Felix asked, holding out his hand. Jaemin, being a dork stabbed the apple with a candy pen, handing it over to Felix.

Jisung's hair changed from maroon to white, matching the snow outside. Jeongin smiled, changing his own to white.

"Alright, you two. Stop flexing on those of us who can't change our appearances."

"Jaemin, can you stop by my dorm for a minute? I need a bit of help with something." Jisung asked. Jaemin nodded, taking one final bite out of his muffin.

~

Jaemin watched as Jisung pushed open the door to his own dorm, moving towards his wardrobe.

Jisung pushed open the door to it, moving towards the white clothing racks.

"Last time we talked about my clothes you mentioned you'd come over and pick out an outfit for me. Would you like to do that now?" Jisung asked.

Jaemin beamed, picking out a white cloak for Jisung and a blue sweater.

"You can choose the pants, just don't go with anything warm toned, warm tones don't mix too well with cool tones, unless its pink and purple." Jisung nodded, grabbing a pair of black sweatpants instead.

"I'll meet you in the hall, I have to go get Cotton." Jisung gave him a thumbs up, throwing on the outfit.

Jaemin trekked through the hall to his dorm, opening the door and whistling for Cotton. Jaemin grabbed his leash from the rack, grabbing Sirius' as well.

"Siri! Cotton! Let's go!" He latched the pups onto their leashes, exiting the room once more.

Jisung appeared from the depths of his room as Jaemin was passing by, taking Sirius from him.

Cotton smiled at Jisung, waddling near him. Jaemin scoffed at his dog, but at the same time understanding why he preferred to walk next to the frosty-haired teen.

The four walked back through the halls towards the Courtyard, where a thick sheet of snow lay unscathed. Jisung grinned flopping face-first into the snow. Jaemin unleashed the dogs, who soon joined in the madness.

Donghyuck whipped out his wand, casting a warming spell on himself and Jaemin.

"Thanks," Donghyuck grinned, pocketing his silver-threaded wand. "That's what best friends are for, dork." He took a seat beside Jaemin, watching the dogs team up with Yangyang, rolling around in the snow, then shaking off any ice bits that remained in their fur.

"Those dogs are evil geniuses." Jaemin muttered, "they learned from the best." Donghyuck chuckled, "so, you?" This ceased his laughter and began Jaemin's descent into the cold snow.

"What the hell?" One of the female students groaned, glancing down at Donghyuck's head. "It showed, Bear. Come and join us!"

The girl, going against a school rule, casted, a small trampoline spell, jumping from her window. Jaemin stared in awe as she landed flat on her feet, still clad in her kumamon onesie.

Donghyuck added Seulgi into his spell, flopping over in the snow.

"Welcome, Sister Seulgi, to another snowy summer day." Jaemin said, flinching when a snowflake landed in his eye.

"Yang, help me, please?" Jaemin made grabby hands towards Yangyang, who rolled his eye, walking over to the three.

Puro pranced over to Seulgi, yipping happily at her. Seulgi smiled, reaching out to pet his fur.

Yangyang extended a hand towards Jaemin, pulling the boy off of the ground with a large tug.

"Thanks," "don't mention it."

Jaemin took a seat behind the pillar, Berry hopping onto his head. He whipped out a plain, white notepad, beginning his newest note.

Dear Jisung,

It's snowing!! Well, in the middle of the summer, but its whatever! We still get the day off!

Aside from that, I hope you remember to cast a warming spell, rolling around in snow isn't the best idea, even for you.

Anyways,  whoever picked your outfit is a fashion genius, tell them that, kay? You looked quite warm in white, but you likely weren't too cozy being drenched in freezing cold melting ice chips.

I'll drop off your treat in class, I'm not in the mood for combinations ;;

-S.B.

A/N:

Wow, I cant believe I'm saying this, but this book is coming to an end...!

The final chapters will be up soon, I swear!!