9.0

"Sunny you need to rest. You were hurt just as badly as she was." Nissin's deep voice yelled out from over me before I felt a slight tugging on the bed.

"He's right. You need to be resting Sundra." Faya's light voice said from beside her husband while I heard footsteps walk toward the Sunny's fast-beating heart.

"It's my fault she's like this. If I hadn't have been---. I'm not leaving" She softly replied, swallowing the lump of air in her throat. I could hear her heart beating faster and faster with every waft of her fading scent towards me just as Nissin's booming voice overpowered every other sound in the room.

"Faya, honey. I need you to do some research on the effects of Fae blood in a Subete shitte iru kami's bloodstream. Can you do that for me?" Nissin calmly asked, hearing his breathing slow before he leaned down and picked up my hand, softly placing two fingers on the underside of my wrist. I listened to her footsteps descend to the far side of the room before the soft creak of the door opening, filled the room.

I groaned, trying to lift my head from the rock hard pillow but the extra strength in my body soon faded when an unexplained discomfort shot through my body. A stabbing pain rooted itself in my bones while my body temperature to spike, leaving me on the edge of pure agony while even the smallest of movements seemed the pain to amplify it.

I heard the crease in Nissin's jeans as he bent down and grazed the skin on my shoulder before he hurriedly pulled back, and the rotten stench of burning flesh filled the air. "FUCK!" Nissin repeated in pain before the sucking sound I was all too familiar with became stuck in the back of my mind.

"You are such an idiot. Just because you suck your finger after a burn doesn't mean it's going to stop hurting. You are just making things worse for yourself." Sunny growled out while the irritation settled deep into the movements of her body.

"No one--" Nissin started before he was interrupted by the most ghastly noise we'd ever heard.

"Where am I? What happened?" I dryly rasped out when I finally forced myself to open my mouth and speak. The flames inflated my lungs keeping my chest at bay as the attempt to breathe and speak were suddenly made unbearable.

"You're back in Seoul, my queen. I'm so glad you are finally awake. The boys had you brought back after you had gotten worse." I heard Nissin say before I felt a large body sit next to my leg. He cleared his throat and placed his hand on my thigh, trying but failing to rub away some of the pain as I felt the small droplets of water fall onto the quilt they had wrapped me in. "I should have never stayed home. I knew you needed me, but I was selfish, and now you are lying here in pain." He said, trying to conceal his sniffling noises.

"It's not your burden to carry, Nissin. I was caught in a moment of weakness when I should have been more guarded. I sensed something was off, but I couldn't place it until Sun--" I raspily mumbled before I stopped talking and turned my head towards the only other heartbeat in the bedroom. I heard a brisk movement followed by rustling in the corner as someone shuffled over to the other side of Nissin and began to cry.

"This is all my fault." She whispered to herself before she loudly sniffled.

"It's no one's fault, Sunny, so stop blaming yourself. The same thing could have happened just as easily with Nissin or Faya there. He blindsided us all, but to learn from our mistakes we first have to make them." I dryly comforted while I tried to lift the heavy eyelids blocking my vision.

"...but this mistake almost got you killed." She replied, still crying in her hands as she slumped forward on her knees.

"The idea of death does not scare me, and I would rather be dead from someone's mistake than someone's disloyalty... speaking of death...I watched as Kaeden threw your body out of the woods with half of your neck missing. How are you not stone? I passed out as soon as I reached the hotel so I couldn't have healed you."