13.0

HAN POV

The alluring perfume of fear danced around my nose like the delicate movement of a garden of Jasmines on a windy spring day just as a small man entered the dimly lit room.

The smell became stronger when a cool breeze entered the room causing me to turn my head and lock eyes with his beautiful chocolate orbs as he walked toward the center of the room. Only being turned a decade ago, on the eve of his fiftieth birthday when he was found lying in a hospital bed dying from bone cancer, it became apparent that he wouldn't suffer from the hardened nature that most vampires share. Morin may be one of the most naive but caring men I know, showing that there no lines between humanity if we all live and work together, but some vampires in our communal much like myself refuse to think of humans as anything other than what they truly are...monsters. He is the only vampire I trust with my life while relying on his unbiased opinion on all states of affairs but since the arrival of the visitor, my assurance of his loyalty began to dwindle causing a rift between us.

Upon first sight of his salt and pepper hair, I knew the man would come bearing news of the unfamiliar house guest we had just acquired upon our new Beta's return. The distressed look in Morin's eyes told me everything his soft heart desired ever since the young man was brought into our care.

The man walked further into the picturesque room, eventually coming to a majestic staircase that sat directly in front of my large mahogany throne.

Bowing from the bottom step, his long black coat fell from his caramel-colored skin, revealing my favorite shade of blue before he stood back in an upright position and prepared himself to speak.

"Mistress, I am done draining the new human that sir Desma has gifted us, just as you requested but I would like to inform you that he is asking to see you." The servant announced, frantically looking around the room before he finally spotted what he sought in a nearby corner.

"Well, how unfortunate for him..." I sarcastically scoffed, placing a single leg up onto the arm of my chair. "Tell him that I've had my fill of blood for today, but if he wishes to live for another couple of days, then his dick must be hard tomorrow so that I thoroughly enjoy my present." I chuckled, shifting the split of my red satin nightgown to land perfectly over my unclothed core.

Morin hastily sauntered over to the table, picking up an elegant gold decanter in one hand while he pulled a large vial from his back pocket with the other. The rose-colored liquid leisurely made an appearance as he tilted the royal blue container into the carafe. "Tell me, Morin." I appealingly asked, catching the jittery old man's attention. "Is my pussy pretty, today?" I inquired, turning to face him in the large chair, slouching so I could spread my legs, letting him what was between.

"It's quite beautiful every day, Mistress Han." He uttered huskily, trying to keep his eyes on the blue bottle after nearly spilling its content on the table.

A pair of long-stemmed crystal goblets with a charming royal blue engraving; HL, sat neatly beside the gold bottle, waiting as the turned his attention toward their emptiness. He then poured some of the elixir into a sole glass, allowing the aroma to cascade toward my nose, quickly piquing my interest and invoking the sweet taste of the fetching young human on my tongue.

"So sad." I wickedly smiled, staring at the glass, waiting with anticipation whilst my memory only served me the constant reminder of his screams.

Shaken from my horrendous thoughts by the sound of glasses clinking together, I noticed Morin slowly bowing and backing away from the table before facing me once more. "The gift from our new Beta." The man informed, disappearing into the shadows of the dark throne room.