xii !

THE DOOR SWUNG OPEN following Johnny's repetitive knocks.

"Oh damn, Kenz scored with you," a curly haired boy said when he opened the door. "I'm Mandla and you're Johnny!" Mandla said fist bumping Johnny. Johnny just smiled, unaware of how to react to Mandla's bubbly personality. 

"Nice to meet you Mandla," Johnny said finally while Mandla led him up the stairs. Johnny admired the large house in front of him, clearly showing the qualities of the prestigious.

"She's in the bathroom," Mandla said as he walked away. "Hurt her and I might kill you," was the last thing Mandla said before disappearing down the stairs. Johnny quietly opened the door to the bathroom, seeing Mackenzie sitting patiently in the bathtub, even more beautiful than in the picture.

"Hey," she said smiling when she noticed Johnny was already staring at her. "Come in!" Mackenzie giggled. Johnny eagerly lifted his shirt over his head, purposefully letting Mackenzie get a glance of his abs, and then he stripped down to his boxers.

"You look so damn hot right now Mackenzie," Johnny said suddenly as he lowered himself across from her. Mackenzie covered her ears, unable to accept Johnny's compliments because of her insecurities.

"You're just saying that because you have to," Mackenzie said smiling at Johnny. Johnny rolled his eyes then took her hands from her ears onto her lap.

"I would know. I've been with almost the entire Seattle, but somehow the feelings I have when I'm with you... I've never had with anyone else. Or anything even remotely close to it," Johnny said as Mackenzie blushed.

"I feel like I'm a fan of you." Mackenzie said, taking Johnny's hand and putting it on her chest to feel her heartbeat. Mackenzie slowly moved onto Johnny's lap, as his hands snaked around her waist.

"Can I tell you the truth about before?" Mackenzie said turning her head around so she could see Johnny from right behind her.

"About?" He asked curiously.

"You asked me before why I came to Seattle if the movie shoot doesn't start for a few days. I actually am here early because my parents and management thought it would be best if I took a break from everything..." Mackenzie whispered.

"Everything? Like your career?" Johnny asked as he played with her hair.

"Not just that. Towards my last few days in LA, I was starting to lose sight of my career... I was starting to take it advantage of it." Mackenzie admitted, looking down ashamed.

"What do you mean?" Johnny asked, still confused.

"Being the 'biggest teenage celebrity' in the world just means I have to keep pushing harder to stay on top. I've been constantly reminded of that message since I was fucking twelve... so I started to go parties, do dumb shit, and just try to sabotage my own career. Nothing went too far and my parents were able to pay everyone off who witnessed it, but I knew myself that it was getting to be too much. So I went to Seattle to stay with Mandla, the only other person I trusted besides my parents. And then on the first miserable day here, you asked me for a picture." Mackenzie said leaning her head back into Johnny.

"I didn't know... at all. You've been through so much..." Johnny muttered feeling ashamed that he didn't realize Mackenzie was hurting this entire time. 

"It's not your fault or mine," she said, locking their eyes. "I'm just glad I'm here right now with you." Mackenzie said. Johnny leaned in and closed the gap between them, moving in one motion together.