xxxiv !

LAST CHAPTER OOP .

MACKENZIE CLUTCHED her suitcase. She was at the airport ready to go. She gave the flight attendant her ticket and hopped onto the plane. She closed her eyes, trying to avoid the headache she would get from the turbulence. After what felt like forever, the flight was over and Mackenzie eagerly ran off of the plane, excited for what would happen next. 

She slowly approached the exit of the airport, anxiety building up inside of her. As she opened the door to leave the airport, she took a deep breath. She took three steps, looked up, and there he was. 

"M-mackenzie?" He could hardly get her name out, shocked at the girl standing before him smiling. 

"Hi..." She chuckled nervously.

Before she could say anything else, he ran into her arms, greeting her with a long hug.

"But how?" He said shaking his head. "What about your tour?" 

"You're more important Johnny," Mackenzie said genuinely. "I- I realized that going on tour for six months by myself, when I'm not even passionate about it anymore... why would I do that instead of spending time with the person I love? Why would I push you away when you've made me the happiest I've ever been?" Mackenzie whispered, sinking into Johnny's neck.

"Your career though..." Johnny mumbled sadly. "You don't regret-" He started, but Mackenzie cut him off.

"I regret nothing. If not going on tour ruins my career, it wasn't meant to be. I'm suppose to be living my life, not being chained to the toxic expectations everyone has of me.. and trust me, my career will be just fine," Mackenzie smiled.

"How did you even... what made you..." Johnny asked. He was at a loss for words.

"Well..." Mackenzie started.

FLASHBACK (STORY MACKENZIE IS TELLING JOHNNY)