chapter 1| New beginnings

(If any mistakes please let me know)

It's been 3 weeks since my parents died in that fire. It was all over the news "Local mansion burns down the cause is still unknown: 2 dead 2 survivors". Those two survivors was me and my little sister Dakota. She has been strong through all of this.Can't say the same for myself. Mostly because I know what really happened that night.

It was a rainy afternoon and we were getting ready to leave Utah to go to New York. Why New York? Well I was accepted to NYU and I can't miss registry. The Red Cross came by to help us out by giving us clothes. We didn't really need it my family was loaded. My best friend Erika was there also.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Melanie. Don't do anything I wouldn't do" Erika said hugging me so tight laughing. "Me too,and I won't. Dakota come and say bye" Dakota came running towards Erika. "Byee". We got into the uber and drove to the airport. Erika was going to come to New York but she was wait listed. We arrived at the airport. Then got on the plane. While we were on the plane Dakota was fast asleep. I kept replaying the same thing in my head.

·Flashback·

Mom! Mom! Wake up Wake up. The Fire blazed over the bed and I backed up and started running outside coughing and passed out. It was fault all my fault.

·End of Flashback·

I missed my mom that was an accident. I didnt know. I didnt care about my father after what he did I'm glad he was gone.Thank God Dakota was at a sleepover that night. I woke up with tears rolling down my face.When we got off the plane I realized the time 10:30 registry ends at 11:15. I had no time to change out of my pjs. And Dakota was in a purple onesie
Your pjs:

We got in the first taxi we saw and got in but there was heavy traffic

We got in the first taxi we saw and got in but there was heavy traffic. We rushed in the building probably looking crazy with our suitcases. But we we're to late. The lady was closing up. " Miss can I please register" I pleaded. " Your 5 minutes late" The lady said. " I know I'm sorry I just got off the plane and-" I was cut off. "Come on Agnes remember I was late last semester and you let me in". I turned to see who it was. He was tall, cute and he had brown curly hair and Hazel eyes.

"Fine Come in hun" Agnes said. I turned to the boy who was already looking at me and smiled. "See you around" He said. I followed the lady inside the room and I finally registered and got my schedule."Um" she started. "We dont allow kids in the dorms". She said looking at Dakota. Then Dakota looked at me. "But I called this lady and she said-" I started . "I'm sorry, these are the rules" She stated. I grabbed Dakota's hand and my suitcase and we left. We walked along the streets looking for a nice enough apartment complex. Then we came across the name The Manhattan Inn. "This is a new beginning for us Dakota"

Don't forget to Like Comment and Vote