chapter 5| Art

Today was Friday and I honestly didn't feel like going to college. Besides I have to buy clothes for me and Dakota. I was also too afraid to go. What if they tracked me. I'm not going to jail.

I took the elevator downstairs with Dakota She waved at Matt before leaving. We went on shopping spree. Anything she wanted she got. Anything to make her happy. I got her enrolled in a preschool. And I got a car. Cash only. Not tryna get tracked

I really wanted a jeep but for now this'll have to work

I really wanted a jeep but for now this'll have to work. After we went back home it was like 3 p.m.. When we got home and I ordered pizza. Then I received a text.

It felt like my heart stopped. I haven't really been on my phone since that call last night. It from Noah again.

Noah: Hey, Not stalking you but you missed class today and we have a project in Art History
Melanie: What do we have to do
Noah: We have to write an essay on what art means to us
Melanie: Good thing writing is my major
Noah: Well could you help me. Writing isn't really my strong suit.
Melanie: You wanna come to my place?
Noah: It's cool if you don't want to
Melanie: I'm staying at The Manhattan Inn. Apartment 305

Did I really just invite a cute boy over. I'd call Erika but she's at work. I put Dakota in front of the television. I changed into:

I didn't know how close he was so I told Dakota to watch tv in her room

I didn't know how close he was so I told Dakota to watch tv in her room. She pouted a bit but then she left. I put on light makeup. Hold up why am I putting on makeup. I got a make up wipe and took it off. Then there was a knock. I almost tripped trying to get to the door. 

I took a deep breath before opening it. It was the pizza guy. I went to the counter and got the money "Keep the change" I said before closing the door. "Dakota, Pizza is here" I said as she ran out her room towards the table.

Then there was another knock as I as eating a slice. I opened the door and it was Noah.  "Oh hey, Come in" I said nervously wiping my mouth for any pizza  grease. " You mind" He said pointing towards the pizza box. I gestured him to take one. He did. "Hey, you must be Mel's sister I'm Noah, what's your name" He said sitting at the table.

Dakota doesn't do well with strangers anymore. But surprisingly she answered. "Dakota" She said quietly. After we finished eating Dakota went back in her room and we sat on the couch. It was awkward at first but then he spoke.

"So um this essay" He started. "Oh right um, So what does art mean to you" I aksed. " Well I think it's a expression on how the artist might be feeling". He went on and on about Art. Which made me believe he knew what he was talking about. So why did he need me.

Don't forget to Like Comment and Vote