chapter 8 | Murder?!?!

(If any mistakes let me know)
I opened the door and there stood  Noah . He picked me up and started kisssing me. He laid me on the couch and started kissing my face. Which caused me to laugh. "Noah stop" I laughed. He got up from kissing me and pulled me up too.

"I'm sorry we didn't get a moment alone earlier" Noah said sincerely. "It's fine" I said looking down. He positioned my chin up with his finger. "No it's not, That's why I'm taking you out". My eyes got excited like a puppy seeing it's master.

"I'll text you the details" He said before leaving me wanting more. What is this boy doing to me. Am I really falling for him? The most popular guy on campus. I guess now I really gotta keep an eye out for that brat.

Then I got another knock on the door. I opened or to see two guys. "Are You Melanie Johnson" One guy asked. " Uh yes". At this point I was terrified. "We've been ordered to take you down to the precinct for questioning for murder " The other guy said. " Murder?!?! what about my little sister"I exclaimed. " That's being handled, now either you come down with us willingly or we could put you in cuffs" The guy spoke.

I let them take my arm and they put me in the cop car. I felt like a criminal. We arrived to the precinct and they put me in the room. Felt like an episode of Law and order. Finally a Detective walked in.

"I know my rights, You haven't charged me yet, And I want a  lawyer."I rambled. "Guilty people need a lawyer" The detective stated. "Smart people need a lawyer" I rebuttal. "Fine". He left briefly I assumed to get me a lawyer. Then he came back.

"Where were you the night of the fire" The detective asked. I didn't answer. I had no alibi. "You're looking at 35 years, Your dad is dead" He said. Wait I thought my mom died too. I'm so confused. "Where's my mom?" I asked. The detective looked confused.

Then the door opened. "Don't say anything else Melanie, I'm your  lawyer" the lady said. "My mom is alive" I asked the detective. "Yea,she survived. You thought you killed her?" He said. I looked up at him and started tearing up. " You haven't been charged Melanie, Go home I'll call soon" My lawyer said.

I walked  up to my apartment and saw Dakota sitting with a familiar face. She was sitting with Matt. The guy from my apartment complex. What was he doing here.

TBC