chapter 2| Settling in

(If any mistakes please let me know)

We walked into the hotel getting dirty looks. We didn't really look that good but I didnt care. "Hi is there anything for lease" I asked to this guy who looked pretty young. His name tag read Matt. "Yes it's 2,800 a month" Matt said looking back at me. I pulled out my black debit card and he took it. I know I should've looked in the apartment first but at this point me I was tired. And so was Dakota, she was sleeping on one of the couches they had out. "Here you go ma'am, do you need help with your bags"Matt asked. "Yes and please call me Melanie" I replied. "Right this way Melanie". He grabbed our two bags and we headed to the elevator. Dakota was too tired so I just carried her.

Once we arrived to the door he handed me the key and was on his way.
The apartment:

(Your room)

(Your room)

                   (Dakota's room)

(Dakota's room)

The apartment wasn't that bad. But it definitely wasn't worth that much. But it's fine. It had 2 bedrooms even though Dakota would probably be in my room every night. I went in my room and laid Dakota down. I hadn't realized how tired I was until I laid in the soft bed. Thank god I got a furnished apartment.

~Hours Later~

I woke up in a puddle of sweat. And Dakota began waking up too. I got up and looked for some sort of a.c.. Nothing. So I called the Lobby and told them. They said they'd fix it. Apparently the central air broke.

It was currently 5:38 and the air was still broke. So I decided to take a shower while Dakota was watching tv. After A while I heard a knock. Then a Door opening.I rushed out in a towel to see who it was. Dakota was standing in the door way and it was that guy....Matt. "Where's your mommy" He spoke. Dakota didn't answer. Them he spotted me and his expression was priceless. "Dakota get ready for a bath" I said keeping my hand on my towel. She walked away.

"Cute kid, I see your all Settled in" He said not trying to be awkward. "Yea she's my sister" I said still wondering why he was here. It seems he's forgotten why also. "Oh um , I just wanted you to know that the hair would be on in an hour" He rambled. He could've just called. "Ok thanks" I said before closing the door.
I have school tomorrow and I have to enroll Dakota in a Daycare until I find a school for her. I didn't have time for boys.

Don't forget to Like Comment and Vote