Why would you listen to people who don't care about you, over people who do?

~Seokjin's view~

I stared at Namjoon for a moment. "Why?" I asked. Namjoon shrugged and looked down. "They think I can't care for myself with this disease." Namjoon said and looked back up at me. "Did you tell them you don't have it anymore?" I asked. "I did." Namjoon mumbled. "They said if I was to carless to get the disease then I can't take care of myself. I told them all the things you did for me and they thought it wasnt enough." Namjoon said and shrugged. He looked back down.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "It was enough. You're better now. They would have done the same thing that I did for you." I said. Namjoon put his hand on top of mine that was on his shoulder. "No, they wouldn't." Namjoon mumbled. "What do you mean?" I asked. "They just want me to drink again. Alchoholism and crimals run in my family. My mom says we should kive up to our family name. I ended up telling her that it wasn't right. So I moved here. I was so depressed I actually started doing it. Then I met you. After talking to you for a little while, I stopped. Then I went out with a couple of friends and I only got drunk because they said they would hurt you. I didn't want that." Namjoon said. He squeezed my hand. I looked at him. "You shouldn't have to go." I mumbled. "My dad bought me a plane ticket already." Namjoon said and sighed. He let go of my hand and, I took my hand off of his shoulder.

"Just don't go." I said looking at him. "You're over twenty years old. You're old enough to make your own decisions. It's up to you, not me." I said and smiled a bit

Namjoon sighed. "You don't understand." He mumbled. I frowned. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Seokjin." Namjoon said locking eyes with me. "If I don't come to them. They will come to me. They're Alchoholics, Seokjin. They might hurt you and our friends. I don't want that." Namjoon said and looked down. I grabbed his hand. "We'll protect you." I said sympathetically.

Namjoon glared at me and pulled his hand away. "You're not listening!" He suddenly snapped. "I have to go. I have no choice!" He snapped at me. I looked down, shocked. "That's not the real reason you're leaving is it?" I mumbled. Namjoon looked at me. "Seokjin-" He started but I cut him off with a glare, then looked away.

We didn't say anything for a moment. He looked at me and grabbed both of my hands. "Seokjin listen to me." Namjoon said and I locked eyes with him. My hands were trembling. I didn't want him to leave. "Seokjin. I love you no matter what. I'll always love you. But you don't know my parents Seokjin. You don't understand." Namjoon said.

I stared at him. "If they're that bad why would you want anything to do with them?" I asked. "Why would you want to go to them?" I asked. Namjoon opened his mouth to say something but he closed his mouth.

"Why would you listen to people who don't care about you, over people who do?"