The Hogwarts Express

Severus absolutely hates the first day back at Hogwarts, that he will always be sure of. And James Potter will always hate him. He groans softly as Potter jabs at him for the tenth time in the past hour. Damn Lily for dragging him into the shared compartment of the four friends. Black had glared at him, but agreed to let him stay after Potter had begged him to, because Lily wouldn't stay without Severus. Now he sits with Remus on his left, Lily to his right, and James trying to squeeze next to her but failing. He huffs and sits across from her, with Black and Pettigrew.
Remus shifts and accidentally elbows Severus. He closes his eyes tightly, biting his tongue. The other had hit one of the large bruises on his likely cracked ribs. He feels heat approach his ear, and listens as Remus whispers to him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't think I hit you too hard, I'm sorry." Severus opens his eyes quickly, looking over at Remus. "Come on, I want to make sure you're okay." Remus grabs his hand softly and pulls him up.
"Rem! Where are you going?" Black and Potter ask at the same time, both glaring at Severus. He tries to pull away from Remus, but his grip is solid.
"You know Severus and I are acquaintances. I want to talk to him in private." He leaves the compartment without giving the two a chance to object. He pulls Severus into an empty compartment and sighs. He immediately pins Severus to the wall, pulling his shirt up. He shouts and tries to push him off, but his shirt goes with him He flushes and attempts to cover himself. "Come on, Sev. You really didn't think I would figure it out? I've known for a year." Severus bites his lip and bows his head.
"Can I have my shirt back now?" He asks softly, not making eye contact. Remus sighs and pulls it back over his head. "Hey! I could have done that!"
"Your ribs are broken. You don't need to move like that." Severus looks up at him. "Who does this to you?" He shakes his head, and Remus steps closer. "Please Sev. I won't tell anyone." He darts for the door, but the sandy haired boy grabs his wrist. "Severus! You tell me right now!" He takes a shaky breath and closes his eyes tightly.
"M-my f-father..." He bows his head, tears coming to his eyes. Remus drops his hand and he runs out, locking himself in the bathroom. He shakes furiously, pulling his shirt over his head to look at the bruises. He reaches into his pocket for some concealer Lily had given him to hide the bruises on his face. He quickly applies it to the bruises spread across his chest, sighing in relief at his normal reflection. He pulls his shirt back over his head, wipes his tears away, touches up the concealer on his face, and leaves the bathroom confidently. He is immediately pinned to the wall and he gasps.
"What the fuck did you do to Rem? He came back in all solemn! He even took Lily to talk to her!" Severus shrinks back from the wrath of Sirius Black, not saying anything because he really doesn't feel like fighting today. "Answer me!" Black presses closer to him, hand around his neck. He closes his eyes tightly, actually considering letting the older male just end him. Things would be better that way anyway. He doesn't bother holding back his smile, knowing it will make the one holding him more angry and more likely to go through with seriously injuring him. His grip tightens, and Severus can feel his consciousness slipping.
"Siri! Stop!" Remus rushes over and pulls Sirius away from Severus, who collapses to the floor, unconscious. Lily kneels next to him and pulls his head into her lap, stroking his hair softly. She looks up at Sirius, who has a look of horror. Lily sighs and looks desperately to Remus. "Siri, you're just giving him what he wants." He says softly, pulling Sirius away. Sirius blinks, letting the words sink in.
"Rem? What are you saying? Old Sniv doesn't care about what we do to him! I feel like he enjoys it!" Remus slams him against the wall in anger.
"You're an idiot! No, he doesn't mind what you and James do, because you don't leave bruises on him! Not until now, at least. Didn't you ever think the reason I looked so solemn when I came back from him was because he's hurt and I want to help?!" Sirius stares at Remus before bowing his head. Remus kneels next to Lily and pulls Severus' head into his lap. "Is he okay?" He brushes his hair out of his eyes and frowns. "He's not allowed to wash his hair, is he?" Lily shakes her head.
"He tries to sometimes, but that usually goes over the limit his father gives him. And Sev washes off first, since he only gets one shower a week at home." She looks down at him sadly. "The last time he went over, my parents had to take him to the hospital. He refused to tell the police who had hurt him though. He's afraid his father will hurt him more if someone finds out. I don't know why though. If his father is locked up, Sev wouldn't be hurt anymore. I suppose he's afraid he will break out and come after him." Remus clinches his jaw.
"That's horrible." He looks up as Sirius sits next to him.
"I had no idea." Sirius whispers, glancing down at Severus.
"How could you? He tries to hide it. I'm surprised Remus found out." Remus shakes his head and pulls Severus close. Lily looks at Sirius. "Please, don't bother him. Until he's better, at least. I'll ask James as well."
"You don't have to convince me, Lily. I won't bother him. If I had known his father was hurting him, I never would have started bullying him. Even if it gets your attention." James says from nearby; he had watched the entire exchange quietly.
"It gets negative attention! James Potter, maybe if you weren't such a prick I would-!" Remus grabs her hand quickly, looking at Severus.
"He's saying something! Shh!" Lily looks at Severus nervously, the other two following her gaze.
"J-James..." Three heads snap to James, who has gone pale.