Infirmary

Severus wakes up in the Hogwarts infirmary, bandages wrapped tightly around his chest. He sighs softly, sitting up slowly and yawning, wincing in pain as the constriction around his chest tightens. "Madam Pomfrey said you shouldn't move," he hears from his left. He jumps harshly, turning his head immediately, only to be captured by gentle hazel eyes. "Relax. Don't stress yourself." The messy haired male pushes him down carefully, forcing his head back onto the pillow. He opens his mouth to protest, but a finger is placed over his lips. He furrows his brows; something isn't right. James Potter, being kind to him? He shakes his head quickly, clearing his mind.
"Don't do that, Sev," Lily's voice breaks through his haze. That makes more since; he had been dreaming about Potter before he woke up it seemed, and he had unconsciously projected that image onto Lily. He smiles up at her sheepishly, asking for forgiveness wordlessly. She huffs and rolls her eyes, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "You're going to wind up injuring yourself more."
"Sorry, Lily. Why am I here? Last thing I remember is the train." He thinks for a moment; the train. "Sirius Black," he whispers, tone full of concern. Yes he had constantly been bulled by Black and Potter, but he didn't want either of them to get into any real trouble over him.
"He was blamed for your passing out. Dumbledore is talking to all three of them, but I think Remus can convince him not to punish Sirius. Maybe. I hope so." Severus sighs deeply and shifts up slowly, leaning his weight against the pillows to help support himself. "Take it easy. I didn't let any of them tell Madam Pomfrey about where the bruises came from, so she's going to try and use magic to see who made them. I'm sorry, Sev. But she may not do it if you beg her not to. Or Dumbledore may agree to let it pass. What about the ones on your face?" He places a hand on his cheek, tapping a finger onto the bridge of his nose and then his forehead, wincing lightly. "Ah, I see. She didn't realize you are wearing concealer. She cleaned the little bit that stayed on your chest off to better look at the bruises. Sev, they're so horrible. Why do you let him do it?" He breathes in, closing his eyes.
"Do I have a choice? I'd rather him beat me than my mother. He's calmer when I'm at school. Not completely sedated, but he doesn't hit as much. I guess my face infuriates him." He squeezes his eyes shut tighter, letting out a grunt of pain. "I thought that had healed." He moves his hand over to cover his left eye as well as the other spots.
"Oh Sev. I had no idea... He really doesn't like you, does he?" He shakes his head, opening his uncovered eye. "Did he give you a black eye? Madam Pomfrey said you have a few broken ribs, and some serious internal bruising, along with possible internal bleeding. It's not good, Sev." She tears up, burying her face in his blankets. He strokes her hair gently with his free hand, letting her cry it out. After a few minutes of quiet sobbing, he decides the silence is killing him.
"What day is it? I really have no idea. I hope I haven't missed any classes." He knits his brows in worry, tangling his fingers in Lily's red locks.
"No, you haven't missed any yet. It's actually the opening feast, but I couldn't eat knowing you were here. So, I came to visit you. But... Madam Pomfrey said you will be missing class. You might even be going to St. Mungo's." He pales considerably. "I know, I know. I don't want you to go either, but you have to if they want you to. They are going to figure out your father is beating you. Just be prepared for that. I hope that rotten man goes to Askaban, or at least Muggle prison with no chance of parole." She scoffs distastefully, spitting her words out in vile hatred. Severus shakes his head quickly, his own tears forming.
"No, Lily, please. He can't be found out. I-I'll heal them myself!" He glances around for his robes and reaches toward them. Lily is quick to pull them from his reach, eyes wide. "C'mon, give them back! I need my wand!" He bats at her, but she glares at him furiously. He pauses, staring at her in shock. "Wh-what? Why can't I have it?"
"I'm sorry Severus, but this is for your own good." She produces her own wand and conjures some parchment with writing on it, wrapping it around his own wand after retrieving it. "'Severus wishes to heal himself, so please confiscate his wand until he is better.'" She reads out loud, giving him a meaningful look. "I won't let you do it. They need to know about him. They need to know he's abusing you and your mother. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for her. Please Sev, I'm begging you." He sighs in defeat, hanging his head.
"Okay," he whimpers out, clinching his fists tightly. "But I don't like it. He will find a way to get me, Lily, even if he is in prison. I'm scared. Terrified, even. I know he will find a way." She smiles reassuringly, brushing away the tears falling onto his cheeks.
"No he won't. I'll make sure Dumbledore knows your concerns, and ask him to place your mother in a safe house when they figure out he's the one doing this to you, of course. I would never betray your trust. And hey, I have a way for you to get to know James better." She giggles and winks at him. His eyes widen and he pales, but his cheeks heat up. He looks away quickly, covering his face with his blanket. "You can't hide that blush from me~! I'll be sure to suggest you going home with a family who has proven they can watch after someone who has been in a similar situation to you. I didn't say this, but Sirius used to be abused as well. He lives with James now."
"Lily, no! There is no way I am going to live with James!" He squeaks out.
"Of course not, silly! Just during breaks, not over the summer. Unless you both want to be together over the summer, of course~!"
"LILY!" She laughs happily, twirling around a blushing Severus' bed excitedly.