Library Shenanigans

"Can I help you with something? You've been staring at me since we came in here." James jerks his head, effectively looking away from Severus.
    "I have not. I'm not currently looking at you, am I?" Severus rolls his eyes.
    "My apologies. You had been staring at me since we came in here until a few moments ago. Is there something I can do for you?" Sirius snorts, shaking his head. "And what are you laughing at? James is the one who's apparently got a staring problem."
    "James has had a staring problem since I met him. That's just who he is. There's no changing it. Though the reason for his staring is what's entertaining me. Well, my suspicions of why he is staring, anyway."
    "And what might those suspicions be?" James asks, genuinely curious, turning toward his best friend.
    "I'm not going to tell you, Jamesey. You have to figure it out yourself. You're pretty oblivious, even to your own emotions. I'll tell you once I think you know." Severus gives Sirius a weird look, but doesn't say anything. Instead, he decides a change in subject would more than likely be welcome.
    "How did Remus never let slip about this beautiful library? I'm sure he's in here most of the time he comes to visit."
    "Only for a few days at a time." James and Sirius laugh. Severus finds himself hiding his face behind his book so neither of them see his blush. "No, he's actually pretty good about only spending maybe an hour in here. He chooses what books he would like to read and my parents let him take them home with him because they know he will treat them well."
    "Sometimes he gets hung up on a book he wants to read though, and spends most of the visit with it open. I don't know if he gets anything read because of all the distractions we have in store for him, but it is open." Severus snorts, amused.
    "I have seen Remus do magic while he was reading. I wouldn't be surprised if he were able to set up an elaborrate prank and finish a book at the same time."
    "Well what about you, Sev?" He has to will down his blush at the nickname. Coming from James, he'll accept it. Anyone else, except maybe Lily, and he would have corrected them. "You can probably brew a potion with a book in your hand, right? Or open on the table, since some steps need both hands." His blush can't be willed back this time, and he quickly covers his face with his hand.
    "I have read a book or two while brewing, yes. But I do not make it a common pass time of mine, like Remus does." He closes his book, and sets it aside. "Considering you two have been cooped up in a library for almost two hours, willingly, I suppose there is something you would like to do with me?" He tugs on a sleeve of the Quidditch jersey he is wearing, as it had ridden up a bit while he was enjoying his book.
    "When are you going to take that thing off? It's been three day now."
    "I will never change out if it. You have introduced me to comfort, and I am living in it for as long as I can."
    "You have other comfortable clothes now."
    "None are as comfortable as this fabric, Sirius."
    "Fair enough. But it's Gryffindor red. A Slytherin such as yourself should not take pride in wearing Gryffindor colours."
    "I admit, the colour does make me question my sanity a bit. However, comfort is comfort, and I have rarely been allowed to partake in it. I will allow a wash once a week though. Seeing as I only wear it in the house, that should be plenty."
    "Okay you two. Let's get back to the question. Yes, Severus, Sirius and I would like to do something with you. We want to teach you how to ride a broom."
    "Absolutely not. Now, if you don't mind, I am going to continue reading. On the ground. Where it is safe."
    "Severus!" James whines out.
    "I told you he would say no."
    "Shut up, Sirius. I knew he would say no too, but it was worth a try. We can start out easy?"
    "No matter what you do or say to try and convince me, my answer will still be no. Save your breath. You might need it to snog someone later." James's cheeks turn crimson, and Severus chuckles. As much as he would like to be the person James is going to snog, he knows the boy is likely imagining Lily. But it still got him to shut up, and that's what matters the most at the moment. He ignores the pain in his chest, and smirks. "I knew that would render you speechless."
    "You're speechless!"
    "That doesn't make any since, James. Did I baffle you that much?"
    "YES, you did! I'm not used to being on the receiving end." Severus covers his smile with his hand qickly. "I saw that. I know you're laughing at me."
    "I am not. It's just endearing." He wants to say cute, but that would give away his crush in a heartbeat. Maybe sooner. "Anyway, it's nice to see you flustered. The mighty James Potter can be brought to a blush."
    "You're the one wearing my Quidditch jersey." Severus's cheeks tint pink. "Ha! I knew I could fluster you easier!"
    "So this is a competition now? I was unaware." Potter opens his mouth to retort, probably with another embarrassing thing, but Sirius cuts in.
    "Okay, James. Don't make him blush so hard we can't do anything. Even if we can't fly, we can do something else. Do you want to go prank some Muggles? They'll never see it coming!"
    "Isn't that something you do around Hallowe'en?"
    "That's exactly why they won't see it coming, Severus. It's not the time of year."
    "Yeah! Let's do it, Siri! It'll be fun. Right, Sev?" Severus sighs heavily.
    "I suppose someone has to keep an eye on the two of you." The friends cheer, and he rolls his eyes. Boys.