Chapter 6: Better Than Him

** Warning: Explicit sex scene. **

I walked through the newly cut grass with my arm around Melody's shoulders, guiding her to the front door of my house. She leaned into me while running her hand across the back of my hoodie. Her fingers gripped my side and I glanced down at her.

When compared to me, her stature was small—body frail—making the inclination to protect her nearly overwhelming. I finally had her in my arms and couldn't bear the thought of revealing myself, so I pushed it away.

I need to focus on the now.

After the door was unlocked, I held it open and watched her saunter into my carefully organized life. I wondered what it would be like if she was a part of my life.

Would her presence change my destructive nature or would she also remind me of my failure? I couldn't be certain, but perhaps the next couple days would reveal the answer.

Focus.

Melody peaked over her shoulder before disappearing into the hallway. Her lascivious expression titillated the very depths of my desires, stirring my soul. I clenched my hand into a fist to curb my lecherous thoughts as I followed behind.

When I turned the corner, I found her standing in front of the door that I kept bolted shut. Behind that door was where I played all sorts of fun games, but it wasn't ready for any sexual activities.

"Wh-what's in here?" she stammered. Perhaps her nerves were getting the best of her? I needed to pay even more attention to everything I did. There's no use in scaring her now.

"Well, as Christian Grey would say, 'It's my play room.'"

Her pink, plump lips curved into an inquiring smile. "Oh... well, can we go in?"

I placed my hand on the wall next to her head, blocking the way to the door. "Not tonight, sweetheart. My room is right behind you." I coaxed her gaze across the hall and she treaded loudly behind me as I pressed into the pitch black doorway.

I pulled on the long chain dangling from my fan and a radiate eagerness suffused the room. My skin crawled with anticipation as I turned to face Melody. Her eyes briefly inspected the area and I was left with a trepidatious sensation spreading throughout my gut. I wondered whether or not I left anything out that would give light to my identity, but I dared not press further into my foreboding. I reached my palm out to her face, but she recoiled.

When Melody looked up at me, she caught my warm stare exhibiting the very lie I successfully masqueraded. Her ingenuous eyes saw a good-natured, altruistic visage that would give no hint to my ill intent. However, she already regarded me in a way that would make her actions reasonable.

My fingers wrapped around the back of her neck and I pulled her into a deep, fervid kiss that extinguished the little breath left in her lungs. It was demanding and irrepressible; she couldn't help but lean into it. And after a few moments had passed, I broke off and worked my way down to her exposed neck, but her chest flushed and she pushed me away.

"Okay, Mr. Dreams, can you uh," Melody said breathlessly. She got so caught up in her thoughts that she started to blush.

I smirked. Better than your ex-boyfriend, huh?

"Can I what?" I asked confidently.

"Can you make it interesting?" She glanced back at the locked door. I tilted my head for a moment and my eyebrows raised once I realized what she wanted. I abruptly picked her up by the hips, eliciting a squeal, and threw her onto my bed. Her light figure bounced before I grabbed her feet and pulled her to its edge.