Chapter 14: Dismantling

** Warning: Graphic depictions of violence. **

The screen's bronze door knob was still warm from the day as I unlocked it. I reached behind me to pull the front door forward and pushed it until it clicked shut. The blinds were open from my time with the pizza man and I sat at the dining table, waiting for Daniel's Nissan to pull up.

He parked on the street and got out. As he made his way around the car, I could see his silhouette against the bright porch light from across the street. With the little time I had, I could tell Daniel's hands were empty and he appeared to be alone.

I exhaled deeply, retreating to the hallway and into my room. The door was ajar as I stood behind it and grabbed an aluminum bat laying next to my dresser.

The sound of the screen slamming shut echoed throughout the house. Daniel's footsteps were loud as he trod heavily down the hallway.

Looking through the crack, I saw him walk past and I carefully pulled my bedroom door back. Excitement pulsed through my veins when he rushed into The Room. There was a bang and the door bounced off the wall.

He stomped across the plastic and I inhaled sharply, holding my breath as I entered the hallway. I tiptoed across and stood outside the door, peeking in at them.

Daniel knelt in front of Melody, hesitating when he fiddled with my design of intricate knots. Instead of liberating her body, he removed the black gag from her mouth and a string of saliva hung from her face. Before she could say a word, I gripped the bat's handle and raced into the room, ruffling the pliable sheets.

"Where is he?" he asked.

He turned his head to look up at me with wide eyes and I swung the aluminum bat at his face. His hands and a couple of bloody molars slapped the floor. Melody let out a booming scream, persuading me to backpedal and shut the door.

Wouldn't want the neighbors to hear our little party.

When I returned to his debilitated body, I struck him in the back with all my strength and his torso plummeted to the ground. A deep, breathless laugh left my throat while I flipped him over and placed my foot on his sternum.

"I'm glad to see you," I said, grabbing his arm. I wrapped my left hand around his wrist and the other around his forearm, just below the elbow. With a wrench, I heard his shoulder pop and his arm extended upward.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Melody managed to yell over her father's bellowing. I flashed her a smile as I reached for the other arm, giving it the same treatment.

It would be easy to sever most of the nerves beneath his clavicle, like I've done so many times, but he needs to feel this. All of it.

With another pop, Melody started wailing. Her body heat burned the tears streaming down her face. The streaks crystallized on her cheeks, like thin layers of stalactites.

Turning my attention to the cunt on the floor, I grabbed him by both wrists, dragging him over to the corner and lifted him onto the plastic covered chair.

Melody was looking back, trying to get a glimpse of what I was doing while I walked over the bench and grabbed a corner of the sheet. I flung it over, revealing half of the tools lying idle. I collected a pair of cigar scissors and snipped them next to her ear. Melody cried out and leaned forward in her chair, trying to cover her ears with her shoulders.

My smile faded when I turned back to Daniel. He was halfway off the chair, about to stand and I shoved him back onto it.

"Please don't do this!" she begged as I knelt in front of him.