Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Brooke’s POV

 When I wake up I notice that I’m not alone in my bed. I turn lone in my bed. over and see Brandon lying in my bed next to me. I gasp a little and put my hand over my mouth. Oh my god, why is he in my bed. I try to think of last night. I remember asking him to hold me and then I blacked out. Oh god, how am I going to explain this to my parents? I try to get up, but Brandon tightens his grip around my waist. I shake his shoulder and he wakes up, looking very confused. “Brooke, why are you in my bed?” He says and sits up. “Brooke, why am I not in my house?”

“I- I- I don’t know.” I tell him and start to cry.

 “Brooke, please don’t cry.” He tells me and wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. We sit there for a few minutes, with Brandon rocking me back and forth, while whispering comforting words in my ear. After a few minutes, Paige walks by my room. “Brooke, why is Brandon here… at five in the morning?”

 “I have no idea, Paige.” I tell her.

 “Okay, then…” She says and begins to walk away.

 “Paige!” I yell at her, which makes her stop walking.

 “What?” She says.

 “How am I going to explain to mom that Brandon is still here?” I ask her.

 “Not, my problem,” She says and walks away.

 “Thanks, a lot.” I tell her sarcastically.  “Well, it’s all or nothing,” I say and shrug. I stand up and stretch out my hand to Brandon. He grabs it and asks.

 “So, we are just going to go down and hope for the best?”

 “Yeah pretty much, unless you want to jump out my window and run for it.” I tell him and we laugh.

 “Your dad is going to kill me, huh?”

 “No, he’s at work and, what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” I tell him and we laugh again and walk down the stairs. My mother is in the kitchen when we go downstairs.

 “Good morning, Brooke, Brandon.” She says very causally as if she says that every morning. I look at her confused, but just get some cereal and walk into the living room and watch TV, like I do every morning. Brandon fallows after me and sits down beside me. “You can get some food from the kitchen, you know.” I tell him.

 “I know I’m not hungry,” He tells me.

 “Oh,”

 “And, between you and me, I don’t want to be left in a room with your mother at the moment, especially one with knives in it.” He whispers in my ear.

 I laugh. “I don’t blame you,”

 “I’m going to go home and get my dance stuff ready; do you and Paige want a ride?” He asks.

 “Um, sure, I’ll go get my stuff and tell Paige.” I tell him and run off, up the stairs.

 “Paige, we’re getting a ride with Brandon, so go get your stuff.” I tell her and run into my room. I grab my dance bag and run back down the stairs. Paige is already there with Brandon at the door, I through on my shoes and walk over to them and open the door. On the way out I scream to my mom. “Mom, we’re getting a ride with Brandon!” And then I walk out the door. Brandon follows me and Paige is behind him. Brandon unlocks the car and I hop in shotgun. Paige gets into the back and Brandon starts the car. In a few minutes we’re at Brandon’s house and he gets out of the car. Paige and I stay in the car and, after a few minutes, Paige says. “Why are we getting a ride from Brandon?”