Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Brooke’s POV

 “Why, just why?”

 A few minutes after I slammed my fist into the wall, I through my phone across the room, and I hits the wall. I scream again and begin to cry even harder. I walk over to my window and I open it and climb out onto my roof. This time I climb up higher and sit on there, watching cars go by and thinking. Why me? What did I ever do wrong? Tears continue to slowly stream down my face. After a few minutes I see Brandon’s car pull into my drive way. Why is he coming here? I think to myself. No one’s here and he doesn’t even know that I went home. I watch until he disappears from site and into my house. After a few minutes I hear my bedroom door open. Well, I guess I didn’t lock it. I hear Brandon walk out to the window and onto the roof. He looks up at me and says.

 “I thought I’d find you up here,” He climbs up and sits beside me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. I don’t look at him and say. “How?”

 “How, what?”

 “How did you know I would be here?” I ask still staring off into the distance, tears streaming down my face.

 “I don’t know, I just… guessed.” He says, turning my head to face him and wiping away the tears that are left over on my face. I stop crying and hug him. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head. I grip onto him, as if he were my lifeline. After a few minutes he gets up and walks into my room. I just sit there looking off into the sky, longing for his touch again. He comes back soon after, but he brought my sweat shirt, a blanket, his laptop and my phone. He sits down beside me and puts my sweat shirt in my lap. I pick it up and put it on, then he hands me my phone, which I notice has a massive crack in the screen. I sigh and stand up. Well, I’m going to need a new phone, anyway. I shrug and walk to the edge of my roof. I take off my phone case and put it in my pocket. I hold my phone over the edge and drop it. I turn around and look a Brandon. I sit down beside him and he laughs a bit. “What?”

 “Well, most people, when they see their phone is cracked, they get sad and say ‘Well, know I have to get this fixed,’ I personally have never seen someone through their phone off their roof, when it cracks.” He says. I shrug and move closer to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and puts his laptop on both of our laps. He scrolls through his videos until he gets to one that’s named Brooke’s Tap Solo.

 “Oh my god, is this the solo I’m thinking of?” Brandon smiles and nods.

 “Oh lord,” I say as he starts the video. It begins with me running on the stage, then after a minute in of me doing my tap routine, my face goes blank and I go wide eyed, on the video. I burst out laughing as eight year old me stares at the judges wide eyed. Brandon laughs and asks. “And after that you never did tap again, isn’t that pleasant?”

 I laugh and say. “Well… I was never good at it, and thirty bucks says that if I were to do a tap solo again I would forget it and we would all have to relive that.”

 Brandon laughs and tightens his grip around my waist. I lean my head on his chest and he closes his laptop. He places it beside him and looks at me. “What do you want to do?”

 “Nothing,”

 “Is that a nothing as in you don’t know, or nothing as in…” I cut him off by kissing him. He kisses me back and holds my face between his hands. I kiss him harder and weave my fingers through his hair. I pull back after a few minutes, trying to catch my breath. I smile at him and he smiles back.

Sorry it’s so short I’ll try to update soon, but I have school tomorrow and I had a pd day today so that’s why I could update. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

Love you all,