Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Brooke’s POV

 I pull my other leg up and place it on the next brick; I pull up and grab the next brick up with my right arm. Then I reach up with the left hand and grab another brick. Once I get about three quarters of the way up, my left foot slips off the brick and I go crashing into the ground. The impact knocks out my breath and I have trouble catching it, again. As I stand up the tears that had started forming in my eyes spill over, until I’m fully crying, over the pain in my wrist, ankle and back. I try as hard as possible to ignore the pain, as I try to quickly climb back up onto the roof. I walk along the roof top, tears spilling out of my eyes like a waterfall. As I walk by Paige’s room, she opens the window.

 “Why are you crying?”

 “My-my b-ba-back a-a-and ma-my a-ank-k-kle a-a-a-and ma-ma-my wr-wrist-t,” I say stuttering over my tears. Paige comes out on the roof and grabs my hand.

 “Come,” She says and leads me into her room. When I get in, I sit on her bed and she comes and sits beside me. She wraps her arm around my shoulder and I lean on her shoulder. “What happened?” She asks.

 “Well, I went to the coffee shop, the one we were at this morning, to give Brandon his sweat shirt he left at our house from earlier, so, we talked and stuff,” I say.

 “You made out with him didn’t you?” Paige asks grinning from ear to ear while elbowing me in the side.

 I laugh and say. “Maybe,”                                                                                                                            

 She starts laughing and says. “Okay, okay, carry on with why you were crying.”

 “Um, so I was climbing back up the side of the house and I, um slipped and fell, on my ankle, back and wrist.” I say, more tears spilling out of my eyes, from the pain. Paige nods and pulls me into a hug. I cry into her shoulder for a few minutes until I look up at her. She smiles at me and I laugh a little. “God, I’m such a suck,” I say while wiping the tears from my eyes.

“No, you’re not. If anyone were to fall off the wall, of their house and onto their back, ankle and wrist because they were sneaking out of the house, to see there boyfriend, because there dad didn’t want them to be dating him, would probably crying their eyes out into their pillow, right now.” She says.

 I laugh a little and say. “That’s what I was doing before I went out,” Paige laughs too, an after a few minutes I hear yelling. I look up at Paige and see a panicked look in her face. “The window, go to your room, in case they come in here.” I nod and get up. I rush over to the window and climb out, I walk slowly and carefully on my roof, so I won’t fall off, again. When I get to my window, I climb in and walk past the mirror, in my bathroom. As I walk past, I stop and walk back to it. I walk in my bathroom and see that I have mascara running down my face and my lipstick is smeared all around my mouth.

 “I look terrible,” I mumble to myself. I grab my makeup remover and some toilet paper. I start rubbing all my makeup off. I throughout the toilet paper and grab some Q-tips, to wipe off the makeup under my eyes. After all of my makeup is off I grab my mascara off my shelf and reapply it. I put on my lipstick and walk back into my room. I grab my phone and lay down on my bed. When I open my phone, I see I have a text message.

 Brandon: Hey, are you alright?

 Brooke: Yeah I’m fine.

 Brandon: Are you sure?

 Brooke: Yeah, but I think I might come to dance tomorrow.

 Brandon: Really?

 Brooke: Yeah

 Brandon: Can’t wait, I’ll see you then Brookie.

 Brooke: See you then. <3

 I leave my messages and turn on my music. The first song to come on is ‘Don’t Talk To Strangers’ By ‘Hedley’ I laugh and turn it up. I start dancing around like an idiot and scream the lyrics. After about a minute and a half into the song someone comes to my door. “Brooke, shut up! Jeff and I are trying to play a game!” Josh yells at me. I ignore him, until an amazing idea comes to my mind. I turn off my music and wait for about six minutes. I run to my window and climb out. I walk over to Josh’s room and knock on his window. I turn away, so he won’t be able to see me. He shrugs and walks back to his bed, after looking out the window. I hold back my laughter and knock again. This time, both Jeff and Josh walk to the window. They both look freaked out as they walk to the window. They look at each other as they see nothing outside the window. They walk back to Josh’s bed and start playing games. I wait about eight minutes, sitting on the roof, waiting until they don’t remember the window. I quietly open Josh’s window and step in, without him or his friend seeing me. I stand up quietly and say. “Hey, boys, how’s it going?” They both look up shocked. Jeff sits there, mouth wide open. Josh stands up and says. “How the hell did you get in here?” I make jazz hands and go. “Magic,” Josh walks out his door and runs down the hall, probably to get mom and dad. Jeff slowly stands up and walks out into the hall, mouth still wide open, and runs after Josh. I laugh and climb out his window. I close the window and make it look like I wasn’t here. I rush back to my room and close the window after me. I unlock the door and put in my headphones. I turn on my music and lay on my bed, trying  to look as if I have been sitting here for a few hours, I quickly get up and unlock my door, rushing to lay back down on my bed, because I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I hear them open Josh’s door and my mother saying. “Brooke’s not here, Josh.”

 “She, she was just here, I-I swear!”

 “Josh, are you feeling alright?” My dad asks him.

 “She was here,” He says.

 “She’s just in her room; she’s been there since we got back from dance.” My mom says.

 “No, no she’s not.” Josh says and I hear his footsteps. I hear more and assume that my mum, dad and Jeff are coming down to my room. Josh opens my door and walks right in.

 “Josh, how many times have I told you not to come into my room?” I yell at him.

 “See, Josh, she’s in her room.” My dad says.

 “Sweetie, are you feeling alright?” My mum asks him while rubbing his back.

 “I swear she was in my room!” He yells. “Wasn’t she Jeff?”

 Jeff nods and looks at my parents.

 “How would she get in your room from here?” My dad asks.

 I sit up and say. “What are you guys talking about?”

 “Josh said that you were in his room.” My mom says.

 “How would I get into his room?” I ask her. We all turn to Josh and he shrugs.

 “Well, I’m going to go finish making dinner.” My mom says walking out of the room, my dad walks out as well and Jeff walks back to Josh’s room. Josh stands there and I stand up. He slowly starts to back out of the room. As he leaves I wink and close my door. I burst out laughing and lock my door.