Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Brooke’s POV

 I smile at Brandon and he smiles back at me. He starts laughing, which causes me to laugh. We sit there, laughing like idiots, until I fall over, which causes us to laugh even harder. I’m lying there, on my side; unable to stop laughing, but I still don’t know what was funny. I lie down on my back and instantly regret it.

 “God, dammit,” I mumble.

 “What?” Brandon asks.

 “I hurt my back, earlier.”

 “Let me see,”

 I nod and turn around; I pull up the back of my shirt and wait to see Brandon’s reaction. I feel Brandon’s warm fingers trail up and down my back.

 “What did you do?”

 I stand up and take his hand. “Come,” He stands up and follows me over to the edge of the roof. “Wait, here.” He nods and I turn back to the edge of the roof. I take a breath in and bend my knees, like I did the first time I jumped. I close my eyes and jump. I land on my feet and the impact hurts more this time, because of my ankle.

 “Brooke, what the hell are you doing?”

 “Just wait,” He nods, but still looks confused. I begin to climb back up the wall, and once I get to the spot I fell off, I yell up to Brandon.

 “I was climbing up here, and fell when I got to this spot.” I climb up to the top and Brandon helps me up. I brush off my knees and hands, and then I look up at Brandon. “And, that’s how I did that to my back, hurt my ankle and screwed up my wrist.”

 “Brooke, you need to be more careful, baby.” He says, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

 “No, really? Yeah, I meant to fall off the side of my house and screw myself up like this.” I say, tilting my head to the side and giving him a stupid look. He quickly grabs my face between his hands and kisses me, hard. I kiss him back, even harder. He pushes me up against part of my roof and keeps kissing me. I wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him more passionately. He deepens the kiss and I don’t object. I pull his head closer to mine as he holds my legs up. After a few minutes I hear someone cough. I pull away from Brandon, and see my sister.

 “Uh…” Is all I manage to say.

 “Ten bucks, each, and I have no idea where you are and I didn’t see what I just saw.”

 “Deal,” I stand up and walk over to my wallet. I grab ten bucks and Brandon hands me the ten bucks he just pulled out of his pocket. I hand it to Paige and she smiles. She goes back in her room and closes the window.

 “Did, we just get black mailed by your little sister?”

 “Yeah, pretty much.” I say. I turn back to Brandon and take his hand. “Come,” I say and lead him to the edge of my roof.

 “Brooke,”

 “Yeah?” I ask turning back to him.

 “What the hell are you doing?”

 “We are going out,”

 “Where?”

 “No idea,” I say and let go of his hand. I jump off my roof and look up at Brandon.

 “Aren’t you coming?” I ask him.

 “Um, Brooke, I’m not sure how,”

 “Just bend your knees and try to land on your feet.” I yell back up at him. I hear him mumble. “Lord have mercy on your soul, Brooke.”