Chapter 17

Chapter 17

 Brooke’s POV

 The week has slowly passed through. I have countless blisters on my feet, from all the dancing. The competition is tomorrow. We are going to Firebaugh, near Mendota, all the way across the country, two thousand five hundred and ninety three miles away from home. And we’re only staying there for two days, unless, of course, I find a place I can afford. I figured that while we’re there, I might as well look at the houses. I’ve packed my stuff already, for the competition. I normally pack my stuff a few hours before I have to go where ever. For some strange reason, I love being rushed. But I really just want to prove that I can live on my own, though, I kind of doubt it myself. I don’t think I’ll be that screwed when I enter the real world, but I don’t fully think that I’ll be perfectly fine.

 I get up out of my bed and put on a black tank top, with my green sweatshirt that says, “I Never Finish Anyth”. I put on my black ripped jeans, which have black lace under them. I comb my hair and put on eyeliner and mascara. I brush my teeth and put on red lipstick. I put on my sunglasses and grab my ring. It’s nothing special; it’s a silver ring that has my name printed in cursive, on the inside. It’s just a plain silver ring on the outside. I’ve had it since I was fifteen. I wear it everywhere. I’m not really sure why, I just do, I guess. I put it on my finger and walk out of my bedroom. I walk down the hallway while putting on my ring. I tread into my kitchen, where Paige, Josh, Hunter and Liam are. I walk past them all and grab an apple. I grab my dance bag off of my chair and throw it over my shoulder.

 “I’ll be back later,” I tell them all, walking out of the kitchen and back up to my room. I go to my shoe closet and find a pair of black mid-calf boots. I put them on and walk down my stairs, where my mother stops me.

 “Brooke, how many times have I told you not to wear your shoes in the house?”

 “Don’t worry, I got them yesterday, I still haven’t worn them.” I tell her, she nods and I tell her that I will be at the studio.

 I walk down the stairs and see Paige walking towards me.

 “Oh god, where are you trying to get me to drive you this time?”

 “You want to drop me and Liam off at his house?”

 “Absolutely,” I say and she smiles. “Not,” She frowns and says.

 “Let me rephrase that, you will drop me and Liam off at his house.” She says and smiles at me.

 “Nope not happening, you can’t tell me what to do, I’m an adult now.”

 “You don’t act like it,” She mumbles under her breath.

 “How do I not act like it?”

 “You need your little sister’s help to turn on your computer.” She replies.

 “Okay, I said I was an adult, I never said a smart one.” I say and she laughs. I smile at her and say.

 “Then hurry up and get your asses in my car.” She smiles and hugs me. She runs off to get Liam. I shake my head at her and laugh a little. Then Josh and Hunter walk up to me.

 “We want a ride, too.”

 “I didn’t ask,” I say walking past him.

 “You have to give us a ride,”

 “I don’t have to do anything,” I tell him.

 “Well, why are you giving Paige a ride?”

 “Because I can and I need to go now,” I say and yell up to Paige to hurry up. She begins running down the stairs mumbling. “Okay, okay,” With Liam trailing behind her.