chapter 1

After the war Chapter 1

The war had finally ended and Konoha was at peace for now as the people of the leaf village tried to get back to their normal lives. It was a bright warm morning, the sakura blossoms were soon to be blooming and on this day like most Naruto sat at his favorite ramen shop, Ramen Ichiraku with Sasuke. "I still can't believe Kakashi-Sensai is Hokage and married with a baby on the way..." Naruto sighed with a smile "but I guess he was a good choice for Hokage huh?" "Hn..." Sasuke replied making his blonde friend nudge him "Oh come on Teme! Don't be like that I know you wanted to be Hokage too! But hey when Kakashi-Sensai steps down I'll be the Hokage believe it!" "Are you still going on about that Naruto? Give it up already!" A rough voice chuckled making Naruto turn to see Kiba and Akamaru "hey Kiba! What are you doing here?" He greeted with a bright smile. "I might be leader of my clan now but I still have to walk Akamaru you know. I'm going to see Hinata-Chan." "Really? I haven't seen her since Neji's funeral..." Naruto said with a slightly sad tone at the thought of his lost friend.  "Hinata-Chan keeps busy plus her dad is looking for her a suitor so he wants her to stay around the estate." "Hinata-Chan getting married?" the blonde questioned alittle surprised "well Hinata-Chan is popular with the guys but no guy so far can live up to Hiashi standards but that's not a surprise..." the dog lover huffed "Oh well... I should go visit Hinata-Chan too, just to see how she is." "Okay then come on!" And with that said Naruto and Kiba left Sasuke alone with his thoughts. All the people around him were moving on with their lives; Kakashi was married to Hanare and starting a family, Ayame took over her father's ramen shop and married Kabuto who finally return to the village and was planning on having children, Izumo married Koari and they were planning their future. Aoba married Guren, they adopted Yukimaru and were planning on having a child together. Ibiki and Anko along with Genma and Shizune finally settled down after the war and were expecting children,  Kiba, Shino, and Choji were all leaders of their clans and looking to settle down in the next year or so to start a family. Lee was a Sensei, Tenten was a weapons blacksmith and worked at her own shop. Hinata Heiress of the Hyuga Clan and was soon to be married off. Ino was engaged to Sai and they were living together, Shikamaru was engaged to Temari and she was working on moving to Konoha. Tsunade step down from head medical-nin leaving Sakura incharge at the Konoha hospital and Naruto would be Hokage on his next birthday, a surprise present from Kakashi. All Sasuke had done since the war was earn the trust of the people in Konoha to stay in the village. he needed to start rebuilding his clan like he promised his brother but he couldn't seem to find the determination to even look for a wife. He sighed as he stared at his tea.

Naruto and Kiba race to the Hyuga Estate with Akamaru on their heels. "We'd like to see Heiress Hinata." Kiba asked the guards at the front gate once they arrived at the Hyuga Estate. They glanced at each other before one of the two guards spoke "follow me... this way." He led them to the rose garden where Hinata was sitting on a stone bench reading. "Hey Hinata-Chan!" Kiba shouted as he ran up to her. Hinata looked up from her book with a small smile "hello Kiba-Kun, hello Naruto-Kun." Akamaru barked and licked her hand making her giggle "hello to you too Akamaru." Naruto stared in amazement at how beautiful Hinata looked in the simple purple kimono as a small gust of wind blew her dark blue hair. He watched as Kiba and Hinata had a light conversation like old friends would until her white eyes met his blue ones "is everything alright Naruto-Kun? you are awfully quiet." "Oh yeah yeah... how are you?" "I am fine thank you for asking, how are you?" "Good..." He replied awkwardly and rubbed his neck. "that's good to hear would you three like to join me for tea?" "Oh sorry Hinata, Akamaru and me can't stay long we just came to invite you over for lunch this weekend at twelve, Shino already told me he'd be there." "I would love to. We hardly see each other any more with how busy we all are. I will be there." "Great! well see you on Friday then! We have to get back, bye!" Kiba waved before running off. Akamaru licked Hinata's hand before following his master. "I will have tea with you Hinata-Chan." Naruto smiled "Oh good I will tell a servant to prepare us some. I'm glad you stopped by, there is something I have been meaning to talk to you about." She replied as she shut her book and stood to go inside her estate. "Really? about what?" "We will discuss it over tea." "oh... okay." Naruto followed Hinata into the Hyuga Estate. He sat in one of the large dining rooms at a low table trying to wait patiently for her to speak.