chapter 12

Sakura stayed busy with work and helping Temari plan Ameno's wedding. Ameno choose Sakura to be her maid of honor. Sakura agreed ecstatically and of course rubbing it in Ino's face. Naruto continued to save up money and looked at different blue prints for houses. Sasuke worked hard and rushed home to his pregnant wife. The Uchiha-Hyuga nursery was pink, Ko and Sasuke re shortly after the gender was revealed. Choji was excited as the day approched of his and Ameno's wedding. Sakura smiled at the homemade wedding invitation she received from Ameno. She was happy for her friend. Naruto touched her shoulder. We need to get them a gift. Let's go shopping." Sakura gave a nod it was bitter sweet to see everyone get married before her and tried not to be moppy about it.

Sakura smiled as saw Karin and Suigetsu out and about. He hadn't seemed to leave her said for anything knowing she was carrying his baby. Karin smiled at them. "Hey." "Hey how are things?" Sakura asked. "Bored mostly... Since someone made me quit work!" "It's not good for the baby." Suigetsu claimed making her roll her eyes. "You need yo keep your nose out of my baby books." "He is going to be my kid too!" Suigetsu argued. Naruto snickered as he watched them. "We are shopping for Ameno-Chan's wedding gift." "So are we." Karin claimed before grabbing Suigetsu's shirt "let's go." He gave a toothy grin and fallowed her. "I wonder what there kid will be like... A Uzumaki pure blood mixed with a Hozuki pure blood..." Sakura wondered aloud. "We could say the same for Sasuke and Hinata's daughter..." Naruto added. "Yeah. Do you ever wonder what our kids will be like?" She asked. Naruto scratched his head, "hmm... Stubborn... Strong... Smart..." He grinned, "just like you." Sakura gave a crocked smile and playfully elbowed him. "You are stubborn too..." He chuckled at her tone and put an arm around her. "Our kids will turn out great."

Hinata sat in the girlie nursery as she knitted cute pink little socks. Hanabi sat on the floor watching with a smile. "Its still hard to believe. I thought you would be wearing a different symbol and carrying a bundle of sunshine." Hinata looked at her despite them not being close in the past Hanabi always encouraged her sister's dreams. "Dreams can change but I would still like to think of me as being strong as father and kind like mother. Just as you are." Hanabi smiled before she stood. "Sasuke will be home soon. I'm going to go home and write to Inari he is suppose to be coming." Hanabi could hardly contain her excitement. She hugged her sister and left. Hinata knew it wouldn't be long and Inari would be moving to Konohagakure to be with her sister. She smiled at the thought of Hanabi one day getting married and having her own family. "It will be nice... She is already growing up so fast and i know you'll love her." Hinata said aloud talking to the child in her stomach.

Sasuke's commanding officer had children of his own and knew how eager Sasuke was and the other men who had child or expecting a significant others to get home each day and occasionally would dismiss them early. Today was one of those special days. Sasuke picked up some yarn from a near by shop before he began to head home but along the way he saw Kabuto  carrying little Orochi and Ayame by his side. He watched them for a moment Kabuto was not nearly as twisted as Orochimaru was he still was a spy and trader of the leaf. The village accepted him after serving his time and evenually won Ayame over. Sasuke didn't know all the details nor did he want to but Kabuto was an orphan he had no real family and was a criminal yet he seemed to be a loving father. It was somewhat inspired by the spy's new life and peaceful path he chose after the destruction of Orochimaru.

Sasuke greeted his wife with a kiss and the yarn making her smile. His small gifts were spontaneous but it was something she had grown use to since their courtship. "How is Sakiyuki?" "She likes your voice." Hinata said as she grabbed his hand so he could feel the baby moving. He expression softened at the feeling. "She is active. That is good." Hinata gave a small nod. "Everyone says she is healthy... I'm lucky to have such a great pregnancy." He kissed her stomach and watched her knit and hum. They enjoyed the quite. Ko made them a nice dinner before Hinata laid down for the evening giving Sasuke the chance to lay next to her. He liked to watch her breath, but he couldn't understand how well she slept at night with a restless baby girl inside her. Her pregnancy was going great hardly any mood swings or sickness but her body was more sensitive in every way. It took all Sasuke had to be more gentle with her. It was nerve racking but Hinata always calmed him, she calmed his demons and he couldn't help but love her for it.