chapter 5

After the war chapter 5

**hints of mature conduct**

The next morning Hinata was humming the tone from the flute her fiancée played her last night as she did her morning duties. "You are in a good mood my lady. is it because of the festival Firday?" The cook asked seeing Hinata in a day dream like state "Oh well, my bridal shower was so much fun yesterday, Sasuke visited me and I received another note from my fiancée, that's why I'm happy. um the Sakura Blossoms festival was the last thing on mind... I haven't even pick a kimono out yet." "good for you. I'm glad to see you so happy. I'm sure Lady Hanabi will go shopping with you, I know she hasn't chosen a kimono yet and she'll want to look her best for Inari-Kun when he visits for the festival." "Thank you. I'm sure she is excited to see him." Hinata smiled remembering her little sister having a crush on Inari when he first visited Konoha from the Land of Waves. "Nee-San, father wants to speak with you in his office. I'll finish helping out in here." Hanabi said as she entered the kitchen "Oh very well." Hinata went to her father's office and knocked "father, may I come in?" "yes." she entered at his word and bowed "it has come to my attention you have allowed the Uchiha in your bedroom last night." Hinata blushed a dark shade of red, the way her father said it made it sound inappropriate to her. "um y-yes... he didn't stay long we just talked, n-nothing happened." she replied "and nothing will happen, you will be married soon. you most stop spending all your time with a man you are not marrying." Hiashi stated in a reminding tone. "Yes father... but um father I promised I'd help him go shopping for his future wife today." Hiashi sighed in annoyance, "Very well this will be the last activity you do with him, I don't want to see you and the Uchiha together unless it is a clan meeting and I certainly do not want to hear about him visiting you late at night." She gave a sad nod "yes father..." "That is all you may leave." Hinata left silently with a bow and heavy heart.

Sasuke was in his estate bedroom making room for the clothes and shoes for Hinata. He wasn't sure how he felt about sharing a room with Hinata and wondering if she'd be ready but the fact that the family Sasuke Uchiha chickened out on confessing his feelings bugged him to no end and when Naruto stopped by his mood worsened. "Hey Teme! wow... your bed room is the same size as my apartment... but you know what they say about a large bed!" He laughed elbowing his friend playfully. "Shut up dobe I'm not in the mood..." Sasuke muttered. "why not? you should be happy to be getting married." "I went to see her last night and I choked I couldn't tell her..." he sighed "don't worry about it! you have never really had to tell anyone how you feel before, you'll tell her when the right time comes I know it!" Naruto smiled "Tch..." "don't be like that. I just came to see what you're up to Sakura-Chan and I are going to lunch and shopping you wanna go?" "No I have plans." "Okay well if you change your mind I'll be at Sakura-Chan's place, bye!" Naruto left as quick as he came leaving Sasuke alone with his thoughts.

At noon Sasuke went to the Hyuga estate to see Hinata waiting at the gate in a light purple and white qipao-style blouse and black fitted pants. He liked seeing more of her shape but definitely didn't like that other people could also see it but knew that would be a conversation for a later time. "Hinata..." "good afternoon Sasuke." she smiled "are you ready to go?" "Yes lets." they walked to the market place in silence until Sasuke spoke "your eyes look sad." she looked at him and sighed "I need to tell you something... my father doesn't want us to spend anymore unnecessary time together, I should only see you at clan meetings..." "I see..." "today is our last day to hang out." Hinata said in a depressed tone Sasuke looked at her sad eyes and firm frown. "then let's make the best of it after you help me shop. I will take you somewhere." Hinata smiled "okay... what do you need to want to get your fiancée?" "clothes to put our clan symbol on, shoes and perhaps things to give our home more of a woman's touch." "Okay um what colors do you like on her?" "blue, yellow, purple, gray and white. She looks good in anything." Sasuke stated. "okay do you have her sizes?" Hinata asked. "Yes." he handed her a piece of paper from his pocket. she studied the sizes "oh..." "what is is?" she blushed "n-nothing..." Hinata stuttered before walking off to the kimonos not wanting to tell him his bride wore the same size in clothes and shoes as she did. Saauke was confused but let it be as he watched her pick out several kimonos for him to choice from. "what about any of these?" "do you like them?" "um yes... I don't know your fiancée but um all these are very pretty and I'm sure they'll look nice on her." "good I'll buy them then." He said taking all the kimonos from her and throwing them over his shoulder "all of them?" She questioned. "yes. now I need shirts, paints, and shoes." "alright." Once she helped him pick out clothes and shoes. they walk towards the household appliances until a beautiful white Kimono with silver butterflies on it caught her eye. "That's a breathtaking wedding dress..." "do you want to wear something like that on your wedding day?" He asked. "It would be beautiful but a few Hyuga woman fixed up my mother's old wedding kimono for me to wear." she smiled at the thought of her mother. "You could wear it during the celebration after the wedding. I'm sure your husband would like it on you." Sasuke said picking the dress up and held it to her, "yes, I'm sure he'll think you'll look beautiful in it." she blushed at his complement. "Th-thank you Sasuke... but I cant..." "then I'll get it for you, a wedding present from your favorite ally." Hinata giggled but stopped when he pulled out money to buy it "You are serious...? I can't let you, you have bought me so much already." "this will be the last gift I buy you as a friend. As you said your father doesn't want us to see each other anymore so wear this for me." she gave a sad smile "okay... um you are still coming to my wedding right?" "Of course, nothing he can say or do can keep me from your wedding." Hinata smiled a little brighter at his words, "good but um no more things for me, we are here to shop for your wife." Sasuke gave a nod and paid for the wedding kimono.