chapter 2

After the war chapter 2

Hinata ran down the stairs with a pounding heart as she made her way through the halls until she reached her father's study. She paused a moment to compose herself then knocked gently on the door. "Father it is me. May I come in?" "Of course my child." Hinata entered his office shutting the door behind her "father... I found a note on my windowsill. It said it was from my future husband. Is this true? have you finally found me a suitor?" She asked boldly "yes of course, I have chosen you a suitor but he wished for me not to tell you who he is but I assure you, you will know in time." he replied not looking up from his scroll. "Oh I see... thank you father." She bowed, "I apologize for disturbing you. Good night." Hiashi gave a nod as she left. Hinata return to her room and picked up the white lily and dropped note from her floor before getting into bed once more. "Your long midnight hair that dances in the wind. Your eyes that shine like precious pearls. Your small smile that lights up darkness within me. Your soft moon kissed skin like freshly fallen snow. Your quiet voice like the song of a goddess. Your giggled that makes my days brighter. Your large heart that seems to have room for even the smallest creature. These are the traits that have made me fall unexpected yet hopelessly in love with you. -your future husband." She sighed as she read the love confession aloud, "He sounds so very romantic..." she looked at the simple white lily and smiled before setting the note and flower on her night sand. it was hard for her to find sleep but Hinata fell asleep happier that night then she had in years.

The next day she woke with a bright smile on her face and a skip in her step as she went about her day. all that saw her could tell something wonderful happened. "You seem extra happy today Nee-San." Hanabi commented as they ate breakfast "father has finally chosen me a husband. I received a written love confession last night along with a lily... it seemed very romantic." "Oh really that is wonderful! Who is he?" "I don't know he doesn't want me to know yet." She replied "oh really? Hmm... I am going to go out for a bit." Hanabi claimed as she got up from the table "During breakfast?" Hinata questioned. "shouldn't you eat first?" "yes. I will be back to help clean the kitchen." "Oh okay..." Hanabi left the Hyuga Estate and went to the soon to be Uchiha Estate to see her clan members working with Sasuke. "Sasuke-San. I need to talk to you." He glanced at the young Hyuga with a sigh, "what?" "When do you want the women to start to come to plant the gardens?" She asked "after we finish the training grounds which will be two weeks." "Oh alright I will tell them thank you and by the way... Hinata looked much more happier then she does on normal days. She found out she is engaged. She got this note and lily." "Hn..." Sasuke muttered "I told you, you needed to woe her. She really liked the note you left." Hanabi whispered in a teasing tone. "Aren't you needed somewhere... anywhere but here?..." Sasuke questioned rudely but she just giggled "okay I am leaving I just thought you would want to know." "Hn..." he replied. As Hanabi left she passed Naruto "Hanabi-Chan? What are you doing around here?" "Oh nothing just going for a walk." "Oh... well maybe you can talk Hinata-Chan into going on walks with you, it's not good for her to stay in that stuffy estate all the time... she needs fresh air and sunshine." He suggested "Oh I think she will be getting out of the estate more soon." She giggled "what?" "Nothing nothing at all good day Naruto-San." Naruto scratched his head at her odd behavior but shrugged it off as he continued his way to Sasuke's estate. "Hey Teme! I need to... whaa... when did the Hyuga Clan start helping you? I thought your clans hated each other." He questioned when he saw all the Hyuga men working on the new Uchiha Estate. "We were allies at one time... Hiashi made me an offer to help rebuild my estate if I became his clans ally." Sasuke explained "oh... so that is why you were hanging around Hinata-Chan! Politics! And here I thought you were trying to seal her from me!" He laughed, "I feel like an idiot! Hinata-Chan would never like an asshole like you!" His eye twitched as his annoying friends comment. "Shut up and go away I have alot of work to do..." "huh? Why are you acting all mad now? I needed to ask you something." "What?" "I wanted you to look at my love poem to Hinata-Chan!" "Ask Sakura..." "I tried but she is working so she kicked me out... You are my only hope please I really need a second option!!" He begged "No that is girl crap... I am busy, unless you wanna help go away...." "fine! I will help! But first I need to go give this to Hinata-Chan and I am going to rub it in your stupid ugly face when she falls for my poem!" He stuck out his tongue in a childish manner before running off "Tch whatever..."