. CHAPTER 1 .

"So Miss. Jones I believe you have just recently turned 21?"asked the solicitor.

"Yes, yes I have." replied Alison. She was bored, she didn't know why on earth she had been called to this place.

"Well first of all let me congratulate you," said the solicitor who had smiled revealing a row of gleaming white teeth.

"Thank you" Alison mumbled while tucking a loose strand of her chestnut hair behind her ear.

" I believe you know what this means?,".

"Well I am not entirely sure, If you could, Erm maybe, explain?" What was he trying to say?

"Oh of course, it's understandable that you wouldn't know, well this basically means that you are now legally allowed to claim your... now deceased, mothers property. Since your mother Is no longer.. alive.. you have the choice in whether you want to sell or keep the property."

Alison's heart sped up. Her mothers property? she didn't want anything to do with her mother. She was a sour and evil women that would do anything to get what she wanted. But, she couldn't sell her house. This was the house that had forever been in her family, to sell it would be completely wrong, even if it did hold some heartbreaking memories...

"Miss. Jones? Ma'm?"

"Oh I'm sorry, it just came as a, well a surprise! I mean...I think I would like to keep the property."

"Are you sure? do you need sometime to think? I mean most people usually sell their property's as the stock price is..."

"I think I made it clear that I want to keep the property."snapped Alison.

"Well okay I..okay we can do that, I'll just need you to fill In a couple of forms and sign a couple of papers..."

Alison sighed, it looked like she wouldn't be leaving this place anytime soon...