. CHAPTER 2 .

Three hours! three whole hours of sitting inside a cramped solicitors office filling in forms. It was now 3:30PM. My day was pretty much wasted. But on the bright side, I now had a new property in Michigan.

The cottage was in the middle of an old forest, with trees so tall they blocked out the sun.

The land was her own and is surrounded by wildlife. I don't remember much about it as I moved out when my mother died,so I was only 12. I would have to check the place out next week.

Sometimes I wished I wasn't an only child, so I wouldn't have to suffer all of this alone. I wish I had a brother or a sister who would tell me that everything was going to be okay. But i don't. So I will have to go through all of this alone, by myself.

It would be a 12 mile journey, I would take my car and probably check in to a motel overnight. I hate motels, I find them so creepy. Anyway, when I get to my mothers, I mean MY, house I will stay there. I am going to move there permanently as my current apartment is far to expensive. I will also have to find a new job, I think I shall begin to study and take courses online.

But for now I need to start packing and tell my friends that I was leaving.

That would be a problem.

Packing was easy, I had moved several times and I didn't have much junk but saying goodbye... that would be a challenge.

.............................

13 phone calls later..

I had officially said goodbye to every One of my friends. The only way I got through it was by telling them that I would visit them in a months time.

I found myself struggling to find things to do. I was bored of reading and drawing. I didn't want to watch tv or play with any apps...

After around 20 minutes of thinking about what to do, I finally decided upon a movie. It had been to long since I had last watched a movie and I really wanted to see this new one. It was a thriller about a girl who enters this life to death battle, which is a game show that people watch.It seemed pretty cool. After about 15 minutes of setting up the tv I finally sat down and watched the movie.

Just as things where beginning to get exciting , my phone began to ring. I sighed while picking it up.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Is this Alison Jones?" Croaked a voice.

"This is she" I sighed.

" I miss you Alison when are you coming home?" the voice turned into a sinister wail that sounded exactly like my mother. But that wasn't possible! my mother was dead, wasn't she?!

"HELLO?! hello who is this?!" I began to scream.

But the line had already been cut.

I began to cry. I dropped my phone and let myself fall to the floor.

I began To cry harder and harder, so hard that my voice was beginning to disappear.

NO! I cant cry. I couldn't let her do this to me. She had already caused me to much pain. I immediately stiffened. I sat myself up and dried my eyes, I then lay on the sofa and let myself drift off to sleep.