Prank

Sometime during Season 3...

   Hera was sitting in the cockpit, caf in hand. She watched as various menial tasks were completed around Chopper Base. All of a sudden...

"HERA!"

   The Twi'lek nearly dropped her drink when she heard Ezra yell out her name. She regained her composure and turned towards the door, running out with her blaster at the ready. "Ezra?! Where are you?!"

   "I'm in my room!", he responded. She opened the door and charged in, weapon raised, to find Ezra hiding under a blanket.

   "Ezra, what happened? Are you alright?"

   "No, Hera. I'm the literal opposite of alright. Look!"

   He threw off the blanket and Hera had to strain herself to keep from laughing.

   Ezra's hair was bright fluorescent pink.

  "Wh-*snicker*-what happened?"

    "What do you think?!", the Padawan exclaimed, "Zeb put pink dye in my shampoo!" Hera was leaning over, barely able to breathe, which made Ezra slightly angry. "It's not funny!"

  The Twi'lek wiped tears from her eyes and stood up straight, catching her breath. "You're right. It's not. You and I are gonna have a long talk with Zeb when he and Sabine get back."

   There was the sound of loud footsteps emanating from the cargo hold. Hera brought Ezra down, his hair concealed by one of his helmets.

   "Hey, Hera. Me and Sabine just finished up repairs on your A-Wing", the Lasat commented as he tried to walk past her. Hera stopped him and pushed him back next to Sabine. "Zeb, I think you have some explaining to do."

'  "Explaining what?"

  Ezra yanked off his helmet and revealed his pink mop. "This! You put dye in my shampoo!"

   Zeb was wide-eyed and snickering. "Kid, as much as I'd like to claim responsibility, I didn't do that."

   "If it wasn't you, then who was it?!"

   Sabine was rolling on the floor in fetal position, tears flowing down her cheeks as she laughed her savage little Mandalorian heart out. Ezra's jaw dropped as he put the pieces together.

It was her.

   "Sabine!"

   "You look hilarious!", she wheezed, "Oh gods, I wish I had a holocamera!"

    Hera wasn't in the mood for anymore of this nonsense. She picked Sabine up and set her on her feet, her stern expression staring into the young woman's soul. "Sabine, I shouldn't have to tell you how immature this little prank was. You're almost twenty. Don't act like Zeb."

   "Hey!", the Lasat shouted before Hera shushed him.

   "You're going to help Ezra get out every last drop of the dye, understand?"

   "Yes, Hera", Sabine sighed reluctantly. She grabbed Ezra's arm and dragged him out of the cargo hold. "Come on, Pinky.

   The Mandalorian practically threw Ezra into the refresher and turned on the washbasin, her anger evident through her quick movements and pouty expression. Ezra could tell something was bothering her, so he put his own annoyance aside.

  "Something's up, Sabine. Don't try and tell me it isn't. I can tell."

   She sighed and kept her eyes down, not able to look him in the face (mainly because of her mood, but partially because she didn't want to laugh at his hair anymore).

   "Ezra... I'm sorry. Things have just been so damn bleak lately and I just wanted to liven the mood a little. Go back to how things were before, ya know? You and Zeb constantly trying to one-up each other was some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen, and I seriously regret that I never got to join in before you..."

   He already knew what she was gonna say. "Before I grew up?"

   "Uh-huh."

   "Sabine, you know I'm still the same Ezra, right? I mean, sure, I had a bit of a growth spurt, but I'm always in the mood for a good joke. Just let me know next time before you try to start a prank war and we'll try and squeeze it in between missions, okay?"

   Sabine picked up her gaze and smiled, Ezra's hair color not distracting her from the...what was it in his eyes?

Friendship... support... love?

Whatever it was, it would have to wait.

   "Okay."

    They got Ezra's hair washed out good as new and went on with their day, this little prank being the subject of many a conversation in the weeks to come.