Sleepless Night

I miss writing these smaller oneshots so here's a short and sweet one for you guys. Enjoy.

    Sabine tossed and turned as she fruitlessly tried to fall asleep. She had been lying awake for at least an hour and was basically on the borderline between sanity and insanity.

It was Ezra... she was missing Ezra.

     The sad thing was, he was only a few minutes away in the city. He had stayed late at a reception celebrating the anniversary of Lothal's liberation from the Empire. The only reason Sabine hadn't gone with him was because she had a splitting headache. Needless to say, the insomnia wasn't making her feel any better.

    "Haar'chak!! Just fall asleep!!!", she yelled at herself, "You were able to sleep just fine while Ezra was gone!! Why can't you do it now?!"

       That was a lie. The young woman had dealt with many sleepless nights just like this during Ezra's five-year absence. After she found him, she was able to basically click herself on and off like a light at night, as long as he was there with his arms around her.

     Suddenly, she heard the sound of the tower's lift and almost screamed when she realized that Ezra was home. She quickly rolled under the covers and closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep when her husband came in and went to the refresher. Since it was right across the hall from their bedroom, Sabine sneakily opened her eyes and watched Ezra shower.

You cheeky Mando, she mentally scolded herself.

     When Ezra was done, he got into his sleepwear and walked into the bedroom with a loud yawn, smiling when he saw his 'sleeping' wife. He crawled under the blanket and snuggled up tightly against her back, wrapping an arm around her stomach and pressing a kiss to the back of her neck.

Click.