First Kiss: Reunited

So you guys remember that whole "First Kiss" writing prompt that several people wrote oneshots for a while back? Well I wanted to bring it back and do my own take on it.

     TL;DR for anyone who doesn't remember the prompt, Sabine and Ezra have already confessed their feelings for one another but haven't had their first kiss.

    Here we go!!

           After sending Thrawn and himself hurtling through hyperspace, Ezra had hopped and skipped his way to a remote, barely-populated world on the outer edge of Wild Space. He had been living in a village filled with primitive humans and had risen to become their sort of spiritual ambassador to the Force. Every day for five years, the young man would meditate, give advice to the village elders, and watch the skies.

         The day that Ezra saw an old T6 shuttle entering the atmosphere and flying towards the village, his heart leapt with joy when he sensed who was onboard. Both Force signatures were familiar, but only one of them was one that Ezra could recognize anywhere. He put on his raggedy robe and combed his once-again long hair as best he could before stepping out into the village center where the shuttle had landed. Just as a precaution, he sent a calming message to the villagers through the Force to let them know that whomever was on the shuttle was not a threat.

     The craft's ramp opened and Ezra started running. He didn't care if a literal village was watching him. He just had to get to her as fast as possible.

        She was running, too. Both of them were a blur as they sped towards one another. When they met in the middle, it was not a violent collision of bodies like one might have expected, given how fast they were running. Rather, it was a peaceful meeting, With their arms wrapping around one another and their bodies practically melting together. He rubbed up and down her back, she moved her hand and ran her fingers through his hair.

       "Sabine..."

       "Ezra..."

     They separated and looked down at one another, a flurry of memories flooding back to both of them.

-------------------------------------------------------

    The morning of Ezra's last day on Lothal, he and Sabine were at his tower doing recon on Capital City. Ezra's heart stung when he saw pillars of smoke emanating from the destroyed fuel depot.

       Kanan.

       Sabine was ready for her watch shift when she saw Ezra crying.

      "Ez... what's wrong?"

     He didn't say anything, merely gesturing towards the horizon so she could see. Sabine saw why he was crying and immediately felt tears pricking at her own eyes. She stayed strong and hugged her best friend's back, trying her best to comfort him. "It's okay, Ezra. I miss him, too."

      The Jedi turned around and returned the Mandalorian's embrace, burying his face in the crook of her neck. The two young adults remained in this position for a few minutes until Ezra pulled away and wiped his tears.

     "Sabine... I had a vision."

    "Of what? Something bad?"

     "I... I can't say for certain. I don't know what any of it meant. I just feel like a big change is coming... for both of us."

       He grabbed her hands and looked into her amber eyes. "Sabine... whatever happens... I want you to know something."

      "What, Ezra?"

      "I... I love you."

   The Mandalorian smiled and her floodgates opened, releasing the tears that she had been holding back. She hugged her Jedi friend again, tighter than she'd ever hugged anyone.

"Ezra... I love you, too."

     The young man slightly pulled away so he could see Sabine's face, gently wiping away her tears.

        "Sabine..."

        "Ezra..."

     Their faces began moving closer together, and each could feel the other's warm breath as their lips became mere centimeters apart. All of a sudden...

      Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt

   Ezra's comlink. He mentally cursed before answering. "What's up, Zeb?"

    "You two'd better get back to camp. We've got a problem."

     "Alright. We'll be there."

     The Jedi hung up his communicator and looked at Sabine. He could sense that her heart was beating rapidly and her breath was heavy.

    "Sabine, I-"

     "Don't worry about it, Ezra. It's fine. The cause comes first."

     She gave him one more quick hug and then they headed back to camp.

-------------------------------------------------------

     The memory of that day was still fresh in both of their minds.

      But this time, they had nothing to stop them. Sabine literally jumped into Ezra's arms as she slammed her lips into his. The Jedi was surprised, but was quick to melt into the kiss, pouring five years worth of pent-up emotion into it. Suddenly, he felt something wet on his face.

He pulled away and saw that Sabine was crying.

"What's wrong?"

She put her head on his shoulder and kissed his cheek. "Cyar'ika... I found you. I can't believe it."

"Believe it, my love. Believe it."